Monday, October 4, 2010

Evening devotional


Hear this evening's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]


10.04 Evening:


There are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.


There fell some of Manasseh to David, . . . And they helped David against the band of the rovers: for they were all mighty men of valour.―The manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

Of the children of Issachar, which were men that had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do.―To one is given by the Spirit the Word of Wisdom; to another the Word of Knowledge by the same Spirit.

Of Zebulun, such as went forth to battle, expert in war, with all instruments of war, fifty thousand, which could keep rank: they were not of double heart.―A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

There should be no schism in the body; but . . . the members should have the same care one for another. And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.

One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism.

1Co 12:6 1Ch 12:19,21 1Co 12:7 1Ch 12:32 1Co 12:8 1Ch 12:33 Jas 1:8 1Co 12:25,26 Eph 4:5


Here it is again with the full verses and references

10.04 Evening:

(I Corinthians 12:6)And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.


(I Chronicles 12:19)And there fell some of Manasseh to David, when he came with the Philistines against Saul to battle: but they helped them not: for the lords of the Philistines upon advisement sent him away, saying, He will fall to his master Saul to the jeopardy of our heads. . . .(I Chronicles 12:21)And they helped David against the band of the rovers: for they were all mighty men of valour, and were captains in the host.--- (I Corinthians 12:7)But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

(I Chronicles 12:32)And of the children of Issachar, which were men that had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do; the heads of them were two hundred; and all their brethren were at their commandment.--- (I Corinthians 12:8)For to one is given by the Spirit the Word of Wisdom; to another the Word of Knowledge by the same Spirit;

(I Chronicles 12:33)Of Zebulun, such as went forth to battle, expert in war, with all instruments of war, fifty thousand, which could keep rank: they were not of double heart.--- (James 1:8)A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

(I Corinthians 12:25,26)That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another. And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.

(Ephesians 4:5)One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism,

1Co 12:6 1Ch 12:19,21 1Co 12:7 1Ch 12:32 1Co 12:8 1Ch 12:33 Jas 1:8 1Co 12:25,26 Eph 4:5






--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.


No comments: