Thursday, October 7, 2010

Evening devotional


Hear this evening's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]


10.07 Evening:

O Lord God, . . . with thy blessing let the house of thy servant be blessed for ever.


Thou blessest, O Lord, and it shall be blessed for ever.―The blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it.

Remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.―When thou makest a feast, call the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind: and thou shalt be blessed; for they cannot recompense thee: for thou shalt be recompensed at the resurrection of the just.―Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: for I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

Blessed is he that considereth the poor: the Lord will deliver him in time of trouble.

The Lord God is a sun and shield.

2Sa 7:29 1Ch 17:27 Pr 10:22 Ac 20:35 Lu 14:13,14 Mt 25:34-36 Ps 41:1 84:11


Here it is again with the full verses and references

10.07 Evening:

(II Samuel 7:29)Therefore now let it please thee to bless the house of thy servant, that it may continue for ever before thee: for thou, O Lord God, hast spoken it: and with thy blessing let the house of thy servant be blessed for ever.


(I Chronicles 17:27)Now therefore let it please thee to bless the house of thy servant, that it may be before thee for ever: for thou blessest, O Lord, and it shall be blessed for ever.--(Proverbs 10:22)The blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it.

(Acts 20:35)I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.--(Luke 14:13,14)But when thou makest a feast, call the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind: and thou shalt be blessed; for they cannot recompense thee: for thou shalt be recompensed at the resurrection of the just.--(Matthew 25:34-36)Then shall the king say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: for I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

(Psalm 41:1) Blessed is he that considereth the poor: the Lord will deliver him in time of trouble.

(Psalm 84:11)For the Lord God is a Sun and Shield: the Lord will give grace and glory: no good thing will He withhold from them that walk uprightly.

2Sa 7:29 1Ch 17:27 Pr 10:22 Ac 20:35 Lu 14:13,14 Mt 25:34-36 Ps 41:1 84:11



--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise,
be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

No comments: