Hear this evening's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]
10.29 Evening:
Lord, to whom shall we go? Thou hast the Words of Eternal Life.―I know Whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him against that Day.
In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried unto my God: He heard my voice out of His Temple, and my cry came before Him, even into His ears. . . .They prevented me in the day of my calamity: but the Lord was my stay. He brought me forth also into a large place; He delivered me, because He delighted in me.
I will bless the Lord at all times: His praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul shall make her boast in the Lord: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad. O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His Name together. I sought the Lord, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears. . . .O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him.
1Sa 30:6 Joh 6:68 2Ti 1:12 Ps 18:6,18,19 Ps 34:1-4,8
Here it is again with the full verses and references
10.29 Evening:
(John 6:68)Then Simon Peter answered Him, Lord, to whom shall we go? Thou hast the Words of Eternal Life.--(II Timothy 1:12)For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know Whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him against that Day.
(Psalm 18:6)In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried unto my God: He heard my voice out of His Temple, and my cry came before Him, even into His ears. . . . (Psalm 18:18,19)They prevented me in the day of my calamity: but the Lord was my stay. He brought me forth also into a large place; He delivered me, because He delighted in me.
(Psalm 34:1-4) I will bless the Lord at all times: His praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul shall make her boast in the Lord: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad. O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His Name together. I sought the Lord, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears. . . .(Psalm 34:8)O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him.
--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment