For all flesh is as grass,
and all the glory of man as the flower of grass.
The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:
but the Word of the Lord endureth for ever.
And this is the Word which by the Gospel is preached unto you.
Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings, as newborn babes,
desire the sincere milk of the Word,
that ye may grow thereby:
if so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
(I Peter 1:24-2:3)
The Word for the YEAR--
Romans 8:35-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For Thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
The Word for the month--
Psalm 27:1 The Lord is my Light and my Salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the Strength of my Life; of whom shall I be afraid?
The Word for the day--
Psalm 44:6-8 For I will not trust in my bow, neither shall my sword save me. But Thou hast saved us from our enemies, and hast put them to shame that hated us. In God we boast all the day long, and praise Thy Name for ever. Selah.
Hear the entire Psalm--
Psalm 44
Compare Spiritual with Spiritual (1 Corinthians 2:12-14; John 5:39)--
"In God we boast {H1984} all the day long, and praise Thy Name for ever. Selah."
Jeremiah 9:23,24 Thus saith the Lord, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches: but let him that glorieth glory {H1984} in this, that he understandeth and knoweth Me, that I am the Lord which exercise Lovingkindness, Judgment, and Righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the Lord.
Again, the Word for the day--Psalm 44:6-8 For I will not trust in my bow, neither shall my sword save me. But Thou hast saved us from our enemies, and hast put them to shame that hated us. In God we boast all the day long, and praise Thy Name for ever. Selah.
Hear this morning's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]
10.03 Morning:
Many waters cannot quench Love, neither can the floods drown it.―Love is strong as death.―Greater love hath no man than this, that a Man lay down His Life for His friends.
Who His Own Self bare our sins in His Own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto Righteousness: by Whose stripes ye were healed.―In Whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace.
Ye are washed, . . . ye are sanctified, . . . ye are justified in the Name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.―Ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an Holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of Him Who hath called you out of darkness into His Marvellous Light.―I beseech you . . . brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a Living sacrifice, Holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
Re 1:5 So 8:7,6 Joh 15:13 1Pe 2:24 Eph 1:7 1Co 6:11 1Pe 2:9 Ro 12:1
Here it is again with the full verses and references
10.03 Morning:
(I Corinthians 6:11)And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the Name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.--(I Peter 2:9)But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an Holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of Him Who hath called you out of darkness into His Marvellous Light:--(Romans 12:1)I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a Living sacrifice, Holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
I Timothy 4:15,16 Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all. Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.
Psalm 72:17-19 His Name shall endure for ever: His Name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in Him: all nations shall call Him blessed. Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, Who only doeth wondrous things. And blessed be His Glorious Name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with His glory; Amen, and Amen.
II Timothy 2:1 Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.
--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment