Thursday, October 21, 2010

The LORD is gracious


For all flesh is as grass,
and all the glory of man as the flower of grass.
The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:
but the Word of the Lord endureth for ever.
And this is the Word which by the Gospel is preached unto you.
Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings, as newborn babes,
desire the sincere milk of the Word,
that ye may grow thereby:
if so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
(I Peter 1:24-2:3)


The Word for the YEAR--
Romans 8:35-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For Thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.


The Word for the month--
Psalm 27:1 The Lord is my Light and my Salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the Strength of my Life; of whom shall I be afraid?


The Word for the day--
Jonah 2:8,9 They that observe lying vanities forsake their own mercy. But I will sacrifice unto Thee with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay that that I have vowed. Salvation is of the Lord.

Compare Spiritual with Spiritual (1 Corinthians 2:12-14; John 5:39)--

"They that observe lying vanities forsake their own mercy. But I will sacrifice unto Thee with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay that that I have vowed. Salvation is of the Lord."


"They that observe lying vanities forsake their own mercy."

Proverbs 28:13 He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.

I John 1:9 If we confess our sins, He is Faithful and Just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.


"But I will sacrifice unto Thee with the voice of thanksgiving;"

Hebrews 13:15 By Him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to His Name.


"I will pay that that I have vowed"

Psalm 76:11 Vow, and pay unto the Lord your God: let all that be round about Him bring presents unto Him that ought to be feared.


"Salvation is of the Lord."

Psalm 3:8 Salvation belongeth unto the Lord: Thy blessing is upon Thy people. Selah.

Again, the Word for the day--Jonah 2:8,9 They that observe lying vanities forsake their own mercy. But I will sacrifice unto Thee with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay that that I have vowed. Salvation is of the Lord.



Hear this morning's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]

10.21 Morning:

Of His fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.


This is My Beloved Son, in Whom I am well pleased.―Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God.

His Son, Whom He hath appointed Heir of all things.―If children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with Him, that we may be also glorified together.

I and My Father are One. . . .The Father is in Me, and I in Him.―My Father, and your Father; . . . My God, and your God.―I in them, and Thou in Me, that they may be made perfect in One.

The church, which is His body, the fulness of Him that filleth all in all.

Having . . . these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting Holiness in the fear of God.

Joh 1:16 Mt 17:5 1Jo 3:1 Heb 1:2 Ro 8:17 Joh 10:30,38 20:17 17:23 Eph 1:22,23 2Co 7:1


Here it is again with the full verses and references

10.21 Morning:

(John 1:16)And of His fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.


(Matthew 17:5)While He yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a Voice out of the cloud, which said, This is My Beloved Son, in Whom I am well pleased; hear ye Him.--(I John 3:1)Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew Him not.

(Hebrews 1:2)Hath in these last days spoken unto us by His Son, Whom He hath appointed Heir of all things, by Whom also He made the worlds;--(Romans 8:17)And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with Him, that we may be also glorified together.

(John 10:30)I and My Father are One. . . .(John 10:38)But if I do, though ye believe not Me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in Me, and I in Him.--(John 20:17)Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to My Father: but go to My brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto My Father, and your Father; and to My God, and your God.--(John 17:23)I in them, and Thou in Me, that they may be made perfect in One; and that the world may know that Thou hast sent Me, and hast loved them, as Thou hast loved Me.

(Ephesians 1:22,23)And hath put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be the Head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fulness of Him that filleth all in all.

(II Corinthians 7:1)Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting Holiness in the fear of God.


Joh 1:16 Mt 17:5 1Jo 3:1 Heb 1:2 Ro 8:17 Joh 10:30,38 20:17 17:23 Eph 1:22,23 2Co 7:1



I Timothy 4:15,16 Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all. Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.



Psalm 72:17-19 His Name shall endure for ever: His Name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in Him: all nations shall call Him blessed. Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, Who only doeth wondrous things. And blessed be His Glorious Name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with His glory; Amen, and Amen.

Ephesians 6:24 Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen.

--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise,
be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him
be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

No comments: