Hear this evening's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]
11.24 Evening:
He knoweth the way that I take.―O Lord, thou hast searched me, and known me. Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off. Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways. . . .Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? . . . If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are.―The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the Lord shall be safe.―Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the Lord upholdeth him with his hand.―A just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again.
Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.―The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.―Like as a father pitieth his children, so the Lord pitieth them that fear him.
1Ki 19:9 Job 23:10 Ps 139:1-3,7,9,10 Jas 5:17 Pr 29:25 Ps 37:24 Pr 24:16 Ga 6:9 Mt 26:41 Ps 103:13
Here it is again with the full verses and references
11.24 Evening:
(Job 23:10)But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.--(Psalm 139:1-3) O Lord, thou hast searched me, and known me. Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off. Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways. . . . (Psalm 139:7)Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? . . .(Psalm 139:9,10)If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
(James 5:17)Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months.--(Proverbs 29:25)The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the Lord shall be safe.--(Psalm 37:24)Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the Lord upholdeth him with his hand.--(Proverbs 24:16)For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief.
(Galatians 6:9)And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.--(Matthew 26:41)Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.--(Psalm 103:13)Like as a father pitieth his children, so the Lord pitieth them that fear him.
--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment