For all flesh is as grass,
and all the glory of man as the flower of grass.
The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:
but the Word of the Lord endureth for ever.
And this is the Word which by the Gospel is preached unto you.
Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings, as newborn babes,
desire the sincere milk of the Word,
that ye may grow thereby:
if so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
(I Peter 1:24-2:3)
The Word for the YEAR--
Romans 8:35-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For Thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
The Word for the month--
Psalm 27:13,14 I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the Goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.
The Word for the day--
Isaiah 11:9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My Holy Mountain: for the earth shall be full of the Knowledge of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea.
Compare Spiritual with Spiritual (1 Corinthians 2:12-14; John 5:39)--
"My Holy Mountain
Isaiah 56:7 Even them will I bring to My Holy Mountain, and make them joyful in My House of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon Mine altar; for Mine House shall be called an house of prayer for all people.
Isaiah 57:13 When thou criest, let thy companies deliver thee; but the wind shall carry them all away; vanity shall take them: but he that putteth his trust in Me shall possess the Land, and shall inherit My Holy Mountain;
Isaiah 66:20 And they shall bring all your brethren for an offering unto the Lord out of all nations upon horses, and in chariots, and in litters, and upon mules, and upon swift beasts, to My Holy Mountain Jerusalem, saith the Lord, as the children of Israel bring an offering in a clean vessel into the house of the Lord.
Ezekiel 20:40 For in Mine Holy Mountain, in the Mountain of the height of Israel, saith the Lord God, there shall all the House of Israel, all of them in the land, serve Me: there will I accept them, and there will I require your offerings, and the firstfruits of your oblations, with all your holy things.
Joel 3:17 So shall ye know that I am the Lord your God dwelling in Zion, My Holy Mountain: then shall Jerusalem be Holy, and there shall no strangers pass through her any more.
Revelation 21:9-11 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife. And he carried me away in the Spirit to a Great and High Mountain, and shewed me that Great City, the Holy Jerusalem, descending out of Heaven from God, having the glory of God: and her Light was like unto a Stone most precious, even like a jasper Stone, clear as crystal;
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
Ephesians 1:6 To the praise of the glory of His grace, wherein He hath made us accepted in the Beloved.
"the Knowledge of the Lord"
John 17:3 And this is Life Eternal, that they might know Thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, Whom Thou hast sent.
Habakkuk 2:14 For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea.
II Corinthians 4:6 For God,Who commanded the Light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the Light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the Face of Jesus Christ.
Philippians 3:8-11 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, and be found in Him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the Law, but that which is through the Faith of Christ, the Righteousness which is of God by Faith: that I may know Him, and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being made conformable unto His death; if by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.
Colossians 1:9-11 For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of His will in all Wisdom and Spiritual understanding; that ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness; giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in Light: Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the Kingdom of His dear Son: in Whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins: Who is the Image of the invisible God, the Firstborn of every creature: for by Him were all things created, that are in Heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by Him, and for Him: and He is before all things, and by Him all things consist. And He is the Head of the body, the church: Who is the Beginning, the Firstborn from the dead; that in all things He might have the preeminence.
II Peter 1:2,3 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord, according as His Divine Power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto Life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him that hath called us to glory and virtue:...
II Peter 3:18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To Him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.
John 17:3 And this is Life Eternal, that they might know Thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, Whom Thou hast sent.
Again, the Word for the day--Isaiah 11:9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My Holy Mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea.
Hear this morning's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]
11.16 Morning:
Now ye are clean through the Word which I have spoken unto you.―Let the Word of Christ dwell in you richly in all Wisdom.
Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to Thy Word. With my whole heart have I sought Thee: O let me not wander from Thy commandments.
When Wisdom entereth into thine heart, and knowledge is pleasant unto thy soul; discretion shall preserve thee, understanding shall keep thee.
My foot hath held His steps, His Way have I kept, and not declined. Neither have I gone back from the commandment of His lips; I have esteemed the Words of His mouth more than my necessary food.―I have more understanding than all my teachers: for Thy Testimonies are my meditation.―If ye continue in My Word, then are ye My disciples indeed; and ye shall know the Truth, and the Truth shall make you free.
Joh 17:17 15:3 Col 3:16 Ps 119:9,10 Pr 2:10,11 Job 23:11,12 Ps 119:99 Joh 8:31,32
Here it is again with the full verses and references
11.16 Morning:
(John 15:3)Now ye are clean through the Word which I have spoken unto you.--(Colossians 3:16)Let the Word of Christ dwell in you richly in all Wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
(Psalm 119:9,10) Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to Thy Word. With my whole heart have I sought Thee: O let me not wander from Thy commandments.
(Job 23:11,12)My foot hath held His steps, His Way have I kept, and not declined. Neither have I gone back from the commandment of His lips; I have esteemed the Words of his mouth more than my necessary food.--(Psalm 119:99)I have more understanding than all my teachers: for Thy Testimonies are my meditation.--(John 8:31,32)Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on Him, If ye continue in My Word, then are ye My disciples indeed; and ye shall know the Truth, and the Truth shall make you free.
I Timothy 4:15,16 Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all. Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.
Psalm 72:17-19 His Name shall endure for ever: His Name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in Him: all nations shall call Him blessed. Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, Who only doeth wondrous things. And blessed be His Glorious Name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with His glory; Amen, and Amen.
II Timothy 2:1 Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.
--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment