For all flesh is as grass,
and all the glory of man as the flower of grass.
The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:
but the Word of the Lord endureth for ever.
And this is the Word which by the Gospel is preached unto you.
Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings, as newborn babes,
desire the sincere milk of the Word,
that ye may grow thereby:
if so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
(I Peter 1:24-2:3)
The Word for the YEAR--
Romans 8:35-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For Thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
The Word for the month--
Psalm 27:13,14 I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the Goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.
The Word for the day--
Psalm 142:5 I cried unto Thee, O Lord: I said, Thou art my Refuge and my Portion in the land of the living.
Compare Spiritual with Spiritual (1 Corinthians 2:12-14; John 5:39)--
"I cried unto Thee, O Lord: I said, Thou art my Refuge and my Portion in the land of the living."
Psalm 27:13,14 I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the Goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.
Psalm 73:26-28 My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my Portion for ever. For, lo, they that are far from Thee shall perish: Thou hast destroyed all them that go a whoring from thee. But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord God, that I may declare all Thy works.
Hebrews 6:17-20 Wherein God, willing more abundantly to shew unto the heirs of promise the immutability of His counsel, confirmed it by an oath: that by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for Refuge to lay hold upon the Hope set before us: which Hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the Veil; whither the Forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an High Priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
Lamentations 3:22-26 It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is Thy faithfulness [cp. 1Jn 1:9; 1Cor 10:13]. The Lord is my Portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in Him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh Him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the Lord.
Again, the Word for the day--Psalm 142:5 I cried unto Thee, O Lord: I said, Thou art my Refuge and my Portion in the land of the living.
Hear this morning's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]
11.26 Morning:
Thus saith the Lord that created thee, . . . Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art Mine.―Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee. Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of My hands; thy walls are continually before Me.
The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in His Way.―My delights were with the sons of men.―The Lord taketh pleasure in them that fear Him, in those that hope in His mercy.―They shall be Mine, saith the Lord of hosts, in that Day when I make up My jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.
You, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath He reconciled in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in His sight.
Isa 62:4 43:1 49:15,16 Ps 37:23 Pr 8:31 Ps 147:11 Mal 3:17 Col 1:21,22
Here it is again with the full verses and references
11.26 Morning:
(Colossians 1:21,22)And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath He reconciled In the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in His sight:
I Timothy 4:15,16 Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all. Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.
Psalm 72:17-19 His Name shall endure for ever: His Name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in Him: all nations shall call Him blessed. Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, Who only doeth wondrous things. And blessed be His Glorious Name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with His glory; Amen, and Amen.
II Timothy 2:1 Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.
--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment