Saturday, November 6, 2010

A Word search "Content"


"Content"


Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content{G714} with such things as ye have:for He hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
Hebrews 13:5



Strongs: G714  

714 ἀρκέω [A)RKE/W] {arkéō} \ar-keh'-o\ apparently a primary verb (but probably akin to 142 through the idea of raising a barrier); properly, to ward off, i.e. (by implication) to avail (figuratively, be satisfactory):--be content, be enough, suffice, be sufficient.



Matthew 25:9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough{G714} for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.

Luke 3:14 And the soldiers likewise demanded of him, saying, And what shall we do? And he said unto them, Do violence to no man, neither accuse any falsely; and be content{G714} with your wages.

John 6:7 Philip answered Him, Two hundred pennyworth of bread is not sufficient{G714} for them, that every one of them may take a little.

John 14:8 Philip saith unto Him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth{G714} us.

II Corinthians 12:9 And He said unto me, My grace is sufficient{G714} for thee: for My Strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the Power of Christ may rest upon me.

I Timothy 6:8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content{G714}.

Hebrews 13:5,6 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content{G714} with such things as ye have: for He hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my Helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.


III John 1:10 Wherefore, if I come, I will remember his deeds which he doeth, prating against us with malicious words: and not content{G714} therewith, neither doth he himself receive the brethren, and forbiddeth them that would, and casteth them out of the church.


"Contentment"

But godliness with contentment{G841} is great gain.
I Timothy 6:6

Strongs: G841  

841 αὐτάρκεια [AU)TA/RKEIA] {autárkeia} \ow-tar'-ki-ah\ from 842; self-satisfaction, i.e. (abstractly) contentedness, or (concretely) a competence:--contentment, sufficiency.


II Corinthians 9:8-11 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency {G841} in all things, may abound to every good work: (as it is written, He hath dispersed abroad; He hath given to the poor: His Righteousness remaineth for ever. Now He that ministereth Seed to the sower both minister Bread for your food, and multiply your Seed sown, and increase the fruits of your Righteousness;) being enriched in every thing to all bountifulness, which causeth through us thanksgiving to God.


I Timothy 6:3-6 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness; he is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings, perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the Truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself. But godliness with contentment{G841} is great gain.

 
from 842

Strongs: G842  

842 αὐτάρκης [AU)TA/RKHS] {autárkēs} \ow-tar'-kace\ from 846 and 714 [above]; self-complacent, i.e. contented:--content.


Philippians 4:11 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content{G842}.



--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise,
be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him
be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

No comments: