Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Evening devotional


Hear this evening's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]


12.14 Evening:

By nature the children of wrath, even as others.


We ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.―Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Job answered the Lord, and said, Behold, I am vile; what shall I answer Thee? I will lay mine hand upon my mouth.―The Lord said unto Satan, Hast thou considered My servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?

Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.―David . . . to whom also He gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after Mine Own heart, which shall fulfil all My will.

I obtained mercy.―Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious.

That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Eph 2:3 Tit 3:3 Joh 3:7 Job 40:3,4 1:8 Ps 51:5 Ac 13:22 1Ti 1:13 1Ti 1:13 Joh 3:6


Here it is again with the full verses and references

12.14 Evening:

(Ephesians 2:3)Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.


(Titus 3:3)For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.--(John 3:7)Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

(Job 40:3,4)Then Job answered the Lord, and said, Behold, I am vile; what shall I answer Thee? I will lay mine hand upon my mouth.--(Job 1:8)And the Lord said unto Satan, Hast thou considered My servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?

(Psalm 51:5)Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.--(Acts 13:22)And when He had removed him, He raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also He gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after Mine Own heart, which shall fulfil all My will.

(I Timothy 1:13)Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

(John 3:6)That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Eph 2:3 Tit 3:3 Joh 3:7 Job 40:3,4 1:8 Ps 51:5 Ac 13:22 1Ti 1:13 Joh 3:6





--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise,
be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him
be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

No comments: