Hear this evening's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]
12.20 Evening:
Have faith in God.―Without faith it is impossible to please God.―With God all things are possible.
Is my hand shortened at all, that it cannot redeem? or have I no power to deliver?
My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways, saith the Lord. For as the Heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts.―Prove Me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of Heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
Behold, the Lord's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither His ear heavy, that it cannot hear.―Lord, it is nothing with Thee to help, whether with many, or with them that have no power.
We should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raiseth the dead.
2Ki 7:2 Mr 11:22 Heb 11:6 Mt 19:26 Isa 50:2 55:8,9 Mal 3:10 Isa 59:1 2Ch 14:11 2Co 1:9
Here it is again with the full verses and references
12.20 Evening:
(Mark 11:22)And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.--(Hebrews 11:6)But without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him.--(Matthew 19:26)But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.
(Isaiah 50:2)Wherefore, when I came, was there no man? when I called, was there none to answer? Is My hand shortened at all, that it cannot redeem? or have I no power to deliver? behold, at my rebuke I dry up the sea, I make the rivers a wilderness: their fish stinketh, because there is no water, and dieth for thirst.
(Isaiah 55:8,9)For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways, saith the Lord. For as the Heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts.--(Malachi 3:10)Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in Mine house, and prove Me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of Heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
(Isaiah 59:1)Behold, the Lord's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither His ear heavy, that it cannot hear:--(II Chronicles 14:11)And Asa cried unto the Lord his God, and said, Lord, it is nothing with Thee to help, whether with many, or with them that have no power: help us, O Lord our God; for we rest on Thee, and in Thy Name we go against this multitude. O Lord, Thou art our God; let not man prevail against Thee.
(II Corinthians 1:9)But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raiseth the dead:
--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment