Friday, December 17, 2010

The LORD is gracious


For all flesh is as grass,
and all the glory of man as the flower of grass.
The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:
but the Word of the Lord endureth for ever.
And this is the Word which by the Gospel is preached unto you.
Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings, as newborn babes,
desire the sincere milk of the Word,
that ye may grow thereby:
if so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
(I Peter 1:24-2:3)


The Word for the YEAR--
Romans 8:35-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For Thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.


The Word for the month--
Psalm 29:11 The Lord will give strength unto His people; the Lord will bless His people with Peace.


The Word for the day--
Isaiah 26:3,4 Thou wilt keep him in perfect Peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee: because he trusteth in Thee. Trust ye in the Lord for ever: for in the Lord Jehovah is Everlasting Strength:

Compare Spiritual with Spiritual (1 Corinthians 2:12-14; John 5:39)--

"Thou wilt keep him in perfect Peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee: because he trusteth in Thee. Trust ye in the Lord for ever: for in the Lord Jehovah is Everlasting Strength:"

Philippians 4:4-13 Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice. Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand. Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of Peace shall be with you. But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly, that now at the last your care of me hath flourished again; wherein ye were also careful, but ye lacked opportunity. Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Ephesians 2:14-17 For He is our Peace, Who hath made both One, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; having abolished in His flesh the enmity, even the Law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in Himself of twain one new Man, so making Peace; and that He might reconcile both unto God in One body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: and came and preached Peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.


Again, the Word for the day
--Isaiah 26:3,4 Thou wilt keep him in perfect Peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee: because he trusteth in Thee. Trust ye in the Lord for ever: for in the Lord Jehovah is Everlasting Strength:



Hear this morning's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]

12.17 Morning:

Quicken us, and we will call upon Thy Name.


It is the Spirit that quickeneth.―The Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And He that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the Mind of the Spirit, because He maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.―Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance.

I will never forget Thy precepts: for with them Thou hast quickened me.―The Words that I speak unto you, they are Spirit, and they are Life.―The letter killeth, but the Spirit giveth Life.―If ye abide in Me, and My Words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.―This is the confidence that we have in Him, that, if we ask any thing according to His will, He heareth us.

No man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

Ps 80:18 Joh 6:63 Ro 8:26,27 Eph 6:18 Ps 119:93 Joh 6:63 2Co 3:6 Joh 15:7 1Jo 5:14 1Co 12:3


Here it is again with the full verses and references

12.17 Morning:

(Psalm 80:18)So will not we go back from Thee: quicken us, and we will call upon Thy Name.*


(John 6:63)It is the Spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the Words that I speak unto you, they are Spirit, and they are Life.--(Romans 8:26,27)Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And He that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the Mind of the Spirit, because He maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.--(Ephesians 6:18)Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

(Psalm 119:93)I will never forget Thy precepts: for with them thou hast quickened me.--(John 6:63)It is the Spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the Words that I speak unto you, they are Spirit, and they are Life.--(II Corinthians 3:6)Who also hath made us able ministers of the New Testament; not of the letter, but of the Spirit: for the letter killeth, but the Spirit giveth Life.--(John 15:7)If ye abide in Me, and My Words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.--(I John 5:14)And this is the confidence that we have in Him, that, if we ask any thing according to His will, He heareth us:

(I Corinthians 12:3)Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

Ps 80:18 Joh 6:63 Ro 8:26,27 Eph 6:18 Ps 119:93 Joh 6:63 2Co 3:6 Joh 15:7 1Jo 5:14 1Co 12:3




*Psalm 80:17,18 Let Thy hand be upon the Man of Thy right hand, upon the Son of man Whom Thou madest strong for Thyself. So will not we go back from Thee: quicken us, and we will call upon Thy Name.




I Timothy 4:15,16 Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all. Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.


Psalm 72:17-19 His Name shall endure for ever: His Name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in Him: all nations shall call Him blessed. Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, Who only doeth wondrous things. And blessed be His Glorious Name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with His glory; Amen, and Amen.


II Timothy 2:1 Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.


--

Romans 16:27 To God only wise,
be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him
be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

No comments: