These things write I unto thee, hoping to come unto thee shortly: but if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the Living God, the pillar and ground of the Truth. And without controversy great is the Mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
I Timothy 3:14-16
Compare Spiritual with Spiritual (1 Corinthians 2:12-14; John 5:39)--
"These things write I unto thee,....that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God,"
"These things write I unto thee"
I Timothy 1:1,2 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the commandment of God our Saviour, and Lord Jesus Christ, which is our hope; Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.
"how thou oughtest to behave {G350} thyself in the house of God"
I Timothy 3:1-13 This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work. A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach; not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous; one that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity; (for if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?) not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil. Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil. Likewise must the deacons be grave, not doubletongued, not given to much wine, not greedy of filthy lucre; holding the Mystery of the Faith in a pure conscience. And let these also first be proved; then let them use the office of a deacon, being found blameless. Even so must their wives be grave, not slanderers, sober, faithful in all things. Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well. For they that have used the office of a deacon well purchase to themselves a good degree, and great boldness in the Faith which is in Christ Jesus.
I Peter 1:15-23 But as He which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy. And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass {G350} the time of your sojourning here in fear: forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; bt with the precious blood of Christ, as of a Lamb without blemish and without spot: Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you, who by Him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave Him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God. Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the Word of God, which Liveth and abideth for ever.
Hebrews 13:18 Pray for us: for we trust we have a good conscience, in all things willing to live {G350} honestly.
II Corinthians 1:12 For our rejoicing is this, the testimony of our conscience, that in simplicity and godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom, but by the grace of God, we have had our conversation {G350} in the world, and more abundantly to you-ward.
"in the house of God, which is the church of the Living God,"
John 14:1-4 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In My Father's house are many mansions ["abodes" Jn 14:23]: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto Myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the Way ye know....Colossians 3:3 For ye are dead, and your Life is hid with Christ in God....Hebrews 10:19-22 Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the Holiest by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living Way, which He hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, His flesh; and having an High Priest over the house of God; let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.
John 2:16-21 And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not My Father's house an house of merchandise. And His disciples remembered that it was written, The zeal of Thine house hath eaten Me up. Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign shewest Thou unto us, seeing that Thou doest these things? Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? But He spake of the temple of His body....Ephesians 1:22,23 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave Him to be the head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fulness of Him that filleth all in all.....Ephesians 2:21,22 In Whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: In Whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.
Ephesians 5:25-27...Christ also loved the church, and gave Himself for it; that He might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the Word, that He might present it to Himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish....Ephesians 5:30,31 For we are members of His body, of His flesh, and of His bones. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh....Hebrews 3:6 But Christ as a Son over His Own house; Whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.... I Corinthians 12:12,13 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit....I Peter 2:5 Ye also, as Lively stones, are built up a Spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up Spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ....Hebrews 12:23 To the general assembly and church of the Firstborn, which are written in Heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
Psalm 27:4 One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in His temple....Psalm 23:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever....John 15:4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in Me.
"the Living God, the pillar and ground of the Truth"
II Corinthians 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the Living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.
John 6:69 And we believe and are sure that Thou art that Christ, the Son of the Living God.... John 6:51 I am the Living bread which came down from Heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is My flesh, which I will give for the Life of the world....John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth Me no more; but ye see Me: because I live, ye shall live also....Revelation 1:18 I am He that Liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death....Revelation 5:11-14 And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands; saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing. And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto Him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever. And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped Him that liveth for ever and ever.
I Peter 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the Word of God, which Liveth and abideth for ever....Hebrews 7:25 Wherefore He is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by Him, seeing He ever liveth to make intercession for them....I Timothy 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the Living God, Who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe....I Thessalonians 1:9 For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the Living and True God;
"the pillar and ground {G1477} of the Truth"
Revelation 10:1-3 And I saw another mighty Angel come down from Heaven, clothed with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon His head, and His face was as it were the Sun, and His feet as pillars of fire: and he had in His hand a little book open: and he set His right foot upon the sea, and His left foot on the earth, and cried with a loud voice, as when a lion roareth: and when He had cried, seven thunders uttered their voices....Song of Solomon 5:10,15 My beloved is white and ruddy, the Chiefest among ten thousand....His legs are as pillars of marble, set upon sockets of fine gold: His countenance is as Lebanon, excellent as the cedars....I Corinthians 3:11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.....John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me.
Colossians 1:23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled {G1476}, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;....Psalm 119:89 For ever, O Lord, Thy Word is settled in Heaven.
I Corinthians 15:58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast,{G1476} unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.....Daniel 6:26 I make a decree, That in every dominion of my kingdom men tremble and fear before the God of Daniel: for He is the Living God, and stedfast for ever, and His Kingdom that which shall not be destroyed, and His dominion shall be even unto the end.
"And without controversy great is the Mystery of godliness:"
Colossians 4:3 Withal praying also for us, that God would open unto us a door of utterance, to speak the Mystery of Christ, for which I am also in bonds:...Ephesians 3:9,10 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the Mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, Who created all things by Jesus Christ: to the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,.... Colossians 1:26-29 Even the Mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to His saints: to whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this Mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: whereunto I also labour, striving according to His working, which worketh in me mightily.
Romans 16:25-27 Now to Him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the Mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, but now is made manifest, and by the Scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith: to God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
"God was manifest in the flesh"
John 1:1-4 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by Him; and without Him was not any thing made that was made. In Him was Life; and the Life was the Light of men....John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
I John 1:1-3 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of Life; (for the Life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that Eternal Life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;) that which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with His Son Jesus Christ....Colossians 2:9 For in Him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
"justified in the Spirit"
Romans 1:3,4 Concerning His Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; and declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the Spirit of Holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:....Acts 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that He should be holden of it.
"seen of angels"
Luke 2:13,14 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, Glory to God in the Highest, and on earth Peace, good will toward men.
Matthew 28:2 And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from Heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it.
I Peter 1:12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into....Revelation 5:11,12 And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands; saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.
Ephesians 3:9,10 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the Mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, Who created all things by Jesus Christ: to the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,
"preached unto the Gentiles"
Acts 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:....Acts 11:17,18 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like Gift as He did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God? When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto Life.....Galatians 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
II Timothy 4:17 Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me [the apostle Paul], and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and that all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion...Romans 16:25-27 Now to Him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the Mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, but now is made manifest,and by the Scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith: to God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
Romans 15:8-10 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the Truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers: and that the Gentiles might glorify God for His mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to Thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto Thy Name. And again He saith, Rejoice, ye Gentiles, with His people.....Colossians 1:23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;...Colossians 1:26-29 Even the Mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to His saints: to whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this Mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: whereunto I also labour, striving according to His working, which worketh in me mightily.
"believed on in the world"
Colossians 1:3-6 We give thanks to God and the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you, since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus, and of the love which ye have to all the saints, for the Hope which is laid up for you in Heaven, whereof ye heard before in the Word of the Truth of the gospel; which is come unto you, as it is in all the world; and bringeth forth fruit, as it doth also in you, since the day ye heard of it, and knew the grace of God in Truth:...Ephesians 1:13,14 In Whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the Word of Truth, the gospel of your salvation: in Whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of His glory.
I John 3:23 And this is His commandment, that we should believe on the Name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as He gave us commandment....John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have Everlasting Life.
"received up into glory"
Luke 24:51 And it came to pass, while He [the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God] blessed them, He was parted from them, and carried up into Heaven.....Acts 1:9 And when He had spoken these things, while they beheld, He was taken up; and a cloud received Him out of their sight...Mark 16:19 ...He was received up into Heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.
AGAIN....
These things write I unto thee, hoping to come unto thee shortly: but if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the Living God, the pillar and ground of the Truth. And without controversy great is the Mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
I Timothy 3:14-16
--
Romans 5:1,2 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: by Whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment