"Confidence"
And now, little children, abide in Him; that, when He shall appear, we may have confidence {G3954}, and not be ashamed before Him at His coming.
I John 2:28
Strongs: G3954
3954 παῤῥησία [PAR)R(HSI/A] {parrhēsía} \par-rhay-see'-ah\
from 3956 and a derivative of 4483; all out-spokenness, i.e. frankness, bluntness, publicity; by implication, assurance:--bold (X -ly, -ness, -ness of speech), confidence, X freely, X openly, X plainly(-ness).
See Greek 3956.
See Greek 4483.
3956 πᾶς [PA=S] {pâs} \pas\
including all the forms of declension; apparently a primary word; all, any, every, the whole:--all (manner of, means), alway(-s), any (one), X daily, + ever, every (one, way), as many as, + no(-thing), X thoroughly, whatsoever, whole, whosoever.
4483 ῥέω [R(E/W] {rhéō} \hreh'-o\
for certain tenses of which a prolonged form ἐρέω [E)RE/W] {eréō} \er-eh'-o\
is used; and both as alternate for 2036 perhaps akin (or identical) with 4482 (through the idea of pouring forth); to utter, i.e. speak or say:--command, make, say, speak (of). Compare 3004.
See Greek 2036.
See Greek 4482.
See Greek 3004.
Mark 8:32 And he spake that saying openly {G3954}. And Peter took him, and began to rebuke him.
John 7:4 For there is no man that doeth any thing in secret, and he himself seeketh to be known openly {G3954}. If thou do these things, shew thyself to the world.
John 7:13 Howbeit no man spake openly {G3954} of him for fear of the Jews.
John 7:26 But, lo, he speaketh boldly {G3954}, and they say nothing unto him. Do the rulers know indeed that this is the very Christ?
John 10:24 Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly {G3954}.
John 11:14 Then said Jesus unto them plainly {G3954}, Lazarus is dead.
John 11:54 Jesus therefore walked no more openly {G3954} among the Jews; but went thence unto a country near to the wilderness, into a city called Ephraim, and there continued with his disciples.
John 16:25 These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly {G3954} of the Father.
John 16:29 His disciples said unto him, Lo, now speakest thou plainly {G3954}, and speakest no proverb.
John 18:20 Jesus answered him, I spake openly {G3954} to the world; I ever taught in the synagogue, and in the temple, whither the Jews always resort; and in secret have I said nothing.
Acts 2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely {G3954} speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
Acts 4:13 ¶Now when they saw the boldness {G3954} of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus.
Acts 4:29 And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness {G3954} they may speak thy word,
Acts 4:31 ¶And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness {G3954}.
Acts 28:30,31 ¶And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all that came in unto him, Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence {G3954}, no man forbidding him.
II Corinthians 3:12-14 Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech {G3954}: and not as Moses, which put a vail over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished but their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
II Corinthians 7:4 Great is my boldness of speech {G3954} toward you, great is my glorying of you: I am filled with comfort, I am exceeding joyful in all our tribulation.
Ephesians 3:12 In whom we have boldness {G3954} and access with confidence by the faith of him.
Ephesians 6:17-20 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; and for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly {G3954}, to make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.
Philippians 1:19,20 For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ, according to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness {G3954}, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.
Colossians 2:13-15 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; and having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly {G3954}, triumphing over them in it.
I Timothy 3:13 For they that have used the office of a deacon well purchase to themselves a good degree, and great boldness {G3954} in the faith which is in Christ Jesus.
Philemon 1:,9 Wherefore, though I might be much bold {G3954} in Christ to enjoin thee that which is convenient, yet for love's sake I rather beseech thee, being such an one as Paul the aged, and now also a prisoner of Jesus Christ.
Hebrews 3:5,6 And Moses verily was faithful in all his house, as a servant, for a testimony of those things which were to be spoken after; but Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence {G3954} and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.
Hebrews 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly {G3954} unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
Hebrews 10:19-22 ¶Having therefore, brethren, boldness {G3954} to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh; and having an high priest over the house of God; let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.
Hebrews 10:35 Cast not away therefore your confidence {G3954}, which hath great recompence of reward.
I John 2:28 And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence {G3954}, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.
I John 3:21 Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence {G3954} toward God.
I John 4:14-17 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world. Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God. And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness {G3954} in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.
I John 5:14,15 And this is the confidence {G3954} that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: and if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.
AGAIN
And now, little children, abide in Him; that, when He shall appear, we may have confidence {G3954}, and not be ashamed before Him at His coming.
I John 2:28
--
Romans 5:1,2 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: by Whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment