Thursday, April 19, 2012

Word search "I will give you rest"


"I will give you rest"




Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give {G373\y} you rest {G373\y}. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
Matthew 11:28-30




Strongs: G373

373 ἀναπαύω [A)NAPAU/W] {anapaúō} \an-ap-ow'-o\
from 303 and 3973; (reflexively) to repose (literally or figuratively (be exempt), remain); by implication, to refresh:--take ease, refresh, (give, take) rest.

from 303 and 3973

303 ἀνά [A)NA/] {aná} \an-ah'\
a primary preposition and adverb; properly, up; but (by extension) used (distributively) severally, or (locally) at (etc.):--and, apiece, by, each, every (man), in, through. In compounds (as a prefix) it often means (by implication) repetition, intensity, reversal, etc.

3973 παύω [PAU/W] {paúō} \pow'-o\
a primary verb ("pause"); to stop (transitively or intransitively), i.e. restrain, quit, desist, come to an end:--cease, leave, refrain.



Matthew 11:28 ¶Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give {G373\y} you rest {G373\y}.

Matthew 26:45 Then cometh he to his disciples, and saith unto them, Sleep on now, and take your rest {G373\y}:behold, the hour is at hand, and the Son of man is betrayed into the hands of sinners.

Mark 6:31 And he said unto them, Come ye yourselves apart into a desert place, and rest {G373\y} a while: for there were many coming and going, and they had no leisure so much as to eat.

Mark 14:41 And he cometh the third time, and saith unto them, Sleep on now, and take {G373\y} your rest {G373\y}: it is enough, the hour is come; behold, the Son of man is betrayed into the hands of sinners.

Luke 12:19 And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease {G373\y}, eat, drink, and be merry.

I Corinthians 16:18 For they have refreshed {G373\y} my spirit and yours: therefore acknowledge ye them that are such.

II Corinthians 7:13 Therefore we were comforted in your comfort: yea, and exceedingly the more joyed we for the joy of Titus, because his spirit was refreshed {G373\y} by you all.

Philemon 1:7 For we have great joy and consolation in thy love, because the bowels of the saints are refreshed {G373\y} by thee, brother.

Philemon 1:20 Yea, brother, let me have joy of thee in the Lord: refresh {G373\y} my bowels in the Lord.

I Peter 4:14 If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth {G373\y} upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.

Revelation 6:11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest {G373\y} yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

Revelation 14:13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest {G373\y} from their labours; and their works do follow them.



AGAIN


Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give {G373\y} you rest {G373\y}. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
Matthew 11:28-30





--

Romans 5:1,2 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: by Whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Thank you. I appreciated it as I usually do these studies. Yet as I was finishing, I wondered where the verses in Hebrews, particularly 3 and 4 about entering into His rest fit? While I realize they were not included here because obviously they used a different word that was also translated "rest" yet can they not likewise compare?
Thanks again very much.
I love you.
Love,
Jenny