Saturday, May 5, 2012

Word search "Chasten"



"Chasten"


As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten {G3811}: be zealous therefore, and repent.

Revelation 3:19



Strongs: G3811


3811 παιδεύω [PAIDEU/W] {paideúō} \pahee-dyoo'-o\
from 3816; to train up a child, i.e. educate, or (by implication), discipline (by punishment):--chasten(-ise), instruct, learn, teach.

from 3816


3816 παῖς [PAI=S] {paîs} \paheece\
perhaps from 3817; a boy (as often beaten with impunity), or (by analogy), a girl, and (genitive case) a child; specially, a slave or servant (especially a minister to a king; and by eminence to God):--child, maid(-en), (man) servant, son, young man.



Luke 23:16 I [Pilate] will {G3811} therefore chastise {G3811} him [Christ], and release him.

Luke 23:22 And he said unto them the third time, Why, what evil hath he done? I have found no cause of death in him: I will {G3811} therefore chastise {G3811} him, and let him go.

Acts 7:22 And Moses was learned {G3811} in all the wisdom of the Egyptians, and was mighty in words and in deeds.

Acts 22:3 I am verily a man which am a Jew, born in Tarsus, a city in Cilicia, yet brought up in this city at the feet of Gamaliel, and taught {G3811} according to the perfect manner of the law of the fathers, and was zealous toward God, as ye all are this day.

I Corinthians 11:32 But when we are judged, we are chastened {G3811} of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

II Corinthians 6:9 As unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and, behold, we live; as chastened {G3811}, and not killed;

I Timothy 1:20 Of whom is Hymenaeus and Alexander; whom I have delivered unto Satan, that they may learn {G3811} not to blaspheme.

II Timothy 2:24-26  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, in meekness instructing {G3811} those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; and that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.


Titus 2:11-14 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, teaching {G3811} us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Hebrews 12:6,7 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth {G3811}, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth {G3811} not?

Hebrews 12:10 For they {G3811} verily for a few days chastened {G3811} us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.

Revelation 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten {G3811}: be zealous therefore, and repent.





"Chasten"


Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin. And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening {G3809} of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:  for whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth {G3811}, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

Hebrews 12:4,5



Strongs: G3809

3809 παιδεία [PAIDEI/A] {paideía} \pahee-di'-ah\
from 3811; tutorage, i.e. education or training; by implication, disciplinary correction:--chastening, chastisement, instruction, nurture.


Ephesians 6:4 And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture {G3809} and admonition of the Lord.

II Timothy 3:16,17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction {G3809} in righteousness: that the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.


Hebrews 12:4,5 Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin. And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening {G3809} of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:  for whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth {G3811}, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

Hebrews 12:7,8 If ye endure chastening {G3809}, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? But if ye be without chastisement {G3809}, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

Hebrews 12:11 Now no chastening {G3809} for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.







"Chasten"

Blessed is the man whom thou chastenest {H03256}, O Lord, and teachest him out of thy law; that thou mayest give him rest from the days of adversity, until the pit be digged for the wicked.

Psalm 94:12,13




Strongs: H03256


3256
יסר
[yâsar] \yaw-sar'\
A primitive root; to {chastise} literally (with blows) or figuratively (with words); hence to instruct: - {bind} {chasten} {chastise} {correct} {instruct} {punish} {reform} {reprove} {sore} teach.


Leviticus 26:18 And if ye will not yet for all this hearken unto me, then I will punish {H03256} you seven times more for your sins.

Leviticus 26:23,24 And if ye will not be reformed {H03256} by me by these things, but will walk contrary unto me; hen will I also walk contrary unto you, and will punish you yet seven times for your sins.


Leviticus 2627,28  And if ye will not for all this hearken unto me, but walk contrary unto me; then I will walk contrary unto you also in fury; and I, even I, will chastise {H03256} you seven times for your sins.

Deuteronomy 4:36 Out of heaven he made thee to hear his voice, that he might instruct {H03256} thee: and upon earth he shewed thee his great fire; and thou heardest his words out of the midst of the fire.

Deuteronomy 8:5 Thou shalt also consider in thine heart, that, as a man chasteneth {H03256} his son, so the Lord thy God chasteneth {H03256} thee.

Deuteronomy 21:18 ¶If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened {H03256} him, will not hearken unto them: then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; nd they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.


Deuteronomy 22:1,198 And the elders of that city shall take that man and chastise {H03256} him; and they shall amerce him in an hundred shekels of silver, and give them unto the father of the damsel, because he hath brought up an evil name upon a virgin of Israel: and she shall be his wife; he may not put her away all his days.


I Kings 12:11 And now whereas my father did lade you with a heavy yoke, I will add to your yoke: my father hath chastised {H03256} you with whips, but I will chastise {H03256} you with scorpions.

I Kings 12:14 And spake to them after the counsel of the young men, saying, My father made your yoke heavy, and I will add to your yoke: my father also chastised {H03256} you with whips, but I will chastise {H03256} you with scorpions.

I Chronicles 15:22 And Chenaniah, chief of the Levites, was for song: he instructed {H03256} about the song, because he was skilful.

II Chronicles 10:11 For whereas my father put a heavy yoke upon you, I will put more to your yoke: my father chastised {H03256} you with whips, but I will chastise you with scorpions.

II Chronicles 10:14 And answered them after the advice of the young men, saying, My father made your yoke heavy, but I will add thereto: my father chastised {H03256} you with whips, but I will chastise you with scorpions.

Job 4:3 Behold, thou hast instructed {H03256} many, and thou hast strengthened the weak hands.

Psalm 2:10 ¶Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed {H03256}, ye judges of the earth.

Psalm 6:1 To the chief Musician on Neginoth upon Sheminith, A Psalm of David. O Lord, rebuke me not in thine anger, neither chasten {H03256} me in thy hot displeasure.

Psalm 16:7 I will bless the Lord, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct {H03256} me in the night seasons.

Psalm 38:1 A Psalm of David, to bring to remembrance. O Lord, rebuke me not in thy wrath: neither chasten {H03256} me in thy hot displeasure.

Psalm 39:11 When thou with rebukes dost correct {H03256} man for iniquity, thou makest his beauty to consume away like a moth: surely every man is vanity. Selah.

Psalm 94:10 He that chastiseth {H03256} the heathen, shall not he correct? he that teacheth man knowledge, shall not he know?

Psalm 94:12,13 ¶Blessed is the man whom thou chastenest {H03256}, O Lord, and teachest him out of thy law; that thou mayest give him rest from the days of adversity, until the pit be digged for the wicked.


Psalm 118:18 The Lord hath chastened {H03256} me sore {H03256}: but he hath not given me over unto death.

Proverbs 9:7 He that reproveth {H03256} a scorner getteth to himself shame: and he that rebuketh a wicked man getteth himself a blot.

Proverbs 19:18 Chasten {H03256} thy son while there is hope, and let not thy soul spare for his crying.

Proverbs 29:17 Correct {H03256} thy son, and he shall give thee rest; yea, he shall give delight unto thy soul.

Proverbs 29:19 A servant will not be corrected {H03256} by words: for though he understand he will not answer.

Proverbs 31:1 The words of king Lemuel, the prophecy that his mother taught {H03256} him.

Isaiah 8:11,12 ¶For the Lord spake thus to me with a strong hand, and instructed {H03256} me that I should not walk in the way of this people, saying, Say ye not, A confederacy, to all them to whom this people shall say, A confederacy; neither fear ye their fear, nor be afraid.


Isaiah 28:26 For his God doth instruct {H03256} him to discretion, and doth teach him.

Jeremiah 2:19 Thine own wickedness shall correct {H03256} thee, and thy backslidings shall reprove thee: know therefore and see that it is an evil thing and bitter, that thou hast forsaken the Lord thy God, and that my fear is not in thee, saith the Lord God of hosts.

Jeremiah 6:8 Be thou instructed {H03256}, O Jerusalem, lest my soul depart from thee; lest I make thee desolate, a land not inhabited.

Jeremiah 10:24 O Lord, correct {H03256} me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing.

Jeremiah 30:11 For I am with thee, saith the Lord, to save thee: though I make a full end of all nations whither I have scattered thee, yet will I not make a full end of thee: but I will correct {H03256} thee in measure, and will not leave thee altogether unpunished.

Jeremiah 31:18 ¶I have surely heard Ephraim bemoaning himself thus; Thou hast chastised {H03256} me, and I was chastised {H03256}, as a bullock unaccustomed to the yoke: turn thou me, and I shall be turned; for thou art the Lord my God.

Jeremiah 46:28 Fear thou not, O Jacob my servant, saith the Lord: for I am with thee; for I will make a full end of all the nations whither I have driven thee: but I will not make a full end of thee, but correct {H03256} thee in measure; yet will I not leave thee wholly unpunished.

Ezekiel 23:48 Thus will I cause lewdness to cease out of the land, that all women may be taught {H03256} not to do after your lewdness.

Hosea 7:12 When they shall go, I will spread my net upon them; I will bring them down as the fowls of the heaven; I will chastise {H03256} them, as their congregation hath heard.

Hosea 7:15 Though I have bound {H03256} and strengthened their arms, yet do they imagine mischief against me.

Hosea 10:10 It is in my desire that I should chastise {H03256} them; and the people shall be gathered against them, when they shall bind themselves in their two furrows.





AGAIN

As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten {G3811}: be zealous therefore, and repent.

Revelation 3:19

Here is some context--

Revelation 3:14-22

¶And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God; I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten {G3811}: be zealous therefore, and repent. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.




AGAIN

Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin. And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening {G3809} of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:  for whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth {G3811}, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

Hebrews 12:4,5


Here is some context--

Hebrews 12:1-16

Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds. Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin. And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening {G3809} of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him: for whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons. Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live? For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness. Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby. Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees; and make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled; lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright.




AGAIN

Blessed is the man whom thou chastenest {H03256}, O Lord, and teachest him out of thy law; that thou mayest give him rest from the days of adversity, until the pit be digged for the wicked.

Psalm 94:12,13

Here is the entire Psalm--

Psalm 94

O Lord God, to whom vengeance belongeth; O God, to whom vengeance belongeth, shew thyself. Lift up thyself, thou judge of the earth: render a reward to the proud. Lord, how long shall the wicked, how long shall the wicked triumph? How long shall they utter and speak hard things? and all the workers of iniquity boast themselves? They break in pieces thy people, O Lord, and afflict thine heritage. They slay the widow and the stranger, and murder the fatherless. Yet they say, The Lord shall not see, neither shall the God of Jacob regard it. Understand, ye brutish among the people: and ye fools, when will ye be wise? He that planted the ear, shall he not hear? he that formed the eye, shall he not see? He that chastiseth
{H03256} the heathen, shall not he correct? he that teacheth man knowledge, shall not he know? The Lord knoweth the thoughts of man, that they are vanity.

Blessed is the man whom thou chastenest
{H03256}, O Lord, and teachest him out of thy law; that thou mayest give him rest from the days of adversity, until the pit be digged for the wicked. For the Lord will not cast off his people, neither will he forsake his inheritance. But judgment shall return unto righteousness: and all the upright in heart shall follow it. Who will rise up for me against the evildoers? or who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity? Unless the Lord had been my help, my soul had almost dwelt in silence. When I said, My foot slippeth; thy mercy, O Lord, held me up. In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul. Shall the throne of iniquity have fellowship with thee, which frameth mischief by a law? They gather themselves together against the soul of the righteous, and condemn the innocent blood. But the Lord is my defence; and my God is the rock of my refuge. And he shall bring upon them their own iniquity, and shall cut them off in their own wickedness; yea, the Lord our God shall cut them off.



AGAIN


As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten {G3811}: be zealous therefore, and repent.

Revelation 3:19



Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin. And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening {G3809} of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:  for whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth {G3811}, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

Hebrews 12:4,5




Blessed is the man
whom thou chastenest {H03256}, O Lord, and teachest him out of thy law; that thou mayest give him rest from the days of adversity, until the pit be digged for the wicked.

Psalm 94:12,13








--
Romans 5:1,2 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: by Whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.


No comments: