Monday, June 17, 2013

Revelation 3:19 Word search -- "Chasten"




"Chasten"

 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten {G3811}: be zealous therefore, and repent.

Revelation 3:19


Strongs: G3811

3811 παιδεύω [PAIDEU/W] \pahee-dyoo'-o\
from 3816; to train up a child, i.e. educate, or (by implication), discipline (by punishment):--chasten(-ise), instruct, learn, teach.




Luke 23:16 I will {G3811} therefore chastise {G3811} him, and release him.

Luke 23:22 And he said unto them the third time, Why, what evil hath he done? I have found no cause of death in him: I will {G3811} therefore chastise {G3811} him, and let him go.

Acts 7:22 And Moses was learned {G3811} in all the wisdom of the Egyptians, and was mighty in words and in deeds.

Acts 22:3 I am verily a man which am a Jew, born in Tarsus, a city in Cilicia, yet brought up in this city at the feet of Gamaliel, and taught {G3811} according to the perfect manner of the law of the fathers, and was zealous toward God, as ye all are this day.

I Corinthians 11:32 But when we are judged, we are chastened {G3811} of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

II Corinthians 6:3-10 
Giving no offence in any thing, that the ministry be not blamed: but in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses, in stripes, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labours, in watchings, in fastings; by pureness, by knowledge, by longsuffering, by kindness, by the Holy Ghost, by love unfeigned, by the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left, by honour and dishonour, by evil report and good report: as deceivers, and yet true; as unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and, behold, we live; as chastened {G3811}, and not killed; as sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things.

I Timothy 1:18-20 
This charge I commit unto thee, son Timothy, according to the prophecies which went before on thee, that thou by them mightest war a good warfare; holding faith, and a good conscience; which some having put away concerning faith have made shipwreck: of whom is Hymenaeus and Alexander; whom I have delivered unto Satan, that they may learn {G3811} not to blaspheme.

II Timothy 2:24-26 
And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, in meekness instructing {G3811} those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; and that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

Titus 2:11-14
For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, teaching {G3811} us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Hebrews 12:6-8 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth {G3811}, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth {G3811} not?
But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

Hebrews 12:9-13 
Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live? For they {G3811} verily for a few days chastened {G3811} us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness. Now no chastening {G3809 from G3811} for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby. Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees; and make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.

Revelation 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten {G3811}: be zealous therefore, and repent.


AGAIN

 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten {G3811}: be zealous therefore, and repent.

Revelation 3:19


Here is some immediate context--

Revelation 3:14-22

¶And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God; I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten{G3811}: be zealous therefore, and repent. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.



AGAIN

 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten {G3811}: be zealous therefore, and repent.

Revelation 3:19



--
Romans 5:1,2: Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: by whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

No comments: