Hear this evening's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]
01.06 Evening:
There is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.―The Lord spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend.―Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.
When ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants.
Ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
By prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.―The prayer of the upright is his delight.
Here it is again with the full verses and references
01.06 Evening:
(Proverbs 18:24)A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.--(Exodus 33:11)And the Lord spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.--(John 15:14,15)Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.
(Luke 17:10)So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do.
(Romans 8:15)For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
(Philippians 4:6)Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.--(Proverbs 15:8)The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the Lord: but the prayer of the upright is his delight.
--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be Glory and Dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment