Thursday, January 7, 2010

The LORD is gracious



The LORD is gracious,
and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.
(Psalm 145:8)


The Word for the YEAR--
Romans 8:35-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For Thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

The Word for the month--
Psalm 17:15 As for me, I will behold Thy Face in Righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with Thy likeness.


The Word for the day--
Psalm 5:7 But as for me, I will come into Thy house in the multitude of Thy mercy: and in Thy fear will I worship toward Thy Holy Temple.



Compare Spiritual with Spiritual (1 Corinthians 2:12-14; John 5:39)--


"But as for me"

Psalm 17:15 As for me, I will behold Thy Face in Righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with Thy likeness.



"I will come into Thy house . . .
will I worship toward Thy Holy Temple"

John 6:37 All that the Father giveth Me shall come to Me; and him that cometh to Me I will in no wise cast out.

Psalm 27:4 One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in His temple.


Psalm 23:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

II Chronicles 7:12 And the Lord appeared to Solomon by night, and said unto him, I have heard thy prayer, and have chosen this place to Myself for an house of sacrifice.---Isaiah 56:7 Even them will I bring to My Holy Mountain, and make them joyful in My house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon Mine altar; for Mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.---Hebrews 13:15 By Him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to His Name.

Revelation 21:22-23 And I saw no temple therein ["Holy Jerusalem"--the Lamb's wife" Rev 21:9,10] : for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. And the City had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the Light thereof.



Again, the Word for the day--Psalm 5:7 But as for me, I will come into Thy house in the multitude of Thy mercy: and in Thy fear will I worship toward Thy Holy Temple.


Hear this morning's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]

01.07 Morning:

Think upon me, my God, for good.


Thus saith the Lord; I remember thee, the kindness of thy youth, the love of thine espousals, when thou wentest after me in the wilderness.―I will remember my covenant with thee in the days of thy youth, and I will establish unto thee an everlasting covenant.―I will visit you, and perform my good word toward you.―For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.―I would seek unto God, and unto God would I commit my cause: which doeth great things and unsearchable; marvellous things without number.―Many, O Lord my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered.

Ne 5:19 Jer 2:2 Eze 16:60 Jer 29:10,11 Isa 55:9 Job 5:8,9 Ps 40:5



Here it is again with the full verses and references

01.07 Morning:

(Nehemiah 5:19)Think upon me, my God, for good, according to all that I have done for this people.


(Jeremiah 2:2)Go and cry in the ears of Jerusalem, saying, Thus saith the Lord; I remember thee, the kindness of thy youth, the love of thine espousals, when thou wentest after me in the wilderness, in a land that was not sown.--(Ezekiel 16:60)Nevertheless I will remember my covenant with thee in the days of thy youth, and I will establish unto thee an everlasting covenant.--(Jeremiah 29:10,11)For thus saith the Lord, That after seventy years be accomplished at Babylon I will visit you, and perform my good word toward you, in causing you to return to this place. For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.--(Isaiah 55:9)For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

(Job 5:8,9)I would seek unto God, and unto God would I commit my cause: Which doeth great things and unsearchable; marvellous things without number:--(Psalm 40:5)Many, O Lord my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered.

Ne 5:19 Jer 2:2 Eze 16:60 Jer 29:10,11 Isa 55:9 Job 5:8,9 Ps 40:5


Philippians 4:8b " . . . think on these things"

Psalm 72:17-19 His Name shall endure for ever: His Name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in Him: all nations shall call Him blessed. Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, Who only doeth wondrous things. And blessed be His Glorious Name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with His glory; Amen, and Amen.


II Timothy 2:1Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.


--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be Glory and Dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

No comments: