Sunday, January 10, 2010

Evening Devotional


Hear this evening's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]


01.10 Evening:

Will God in very deed dwell with men on the earth?


Let them make me a sanctuary; that I may dwell among them.―I will meet with the children of Israel, and the tabernacle shall be sanctified by my glory. . . . And I will dwell among the children of Israel, and will be their God.

Thou hast ascended on high, thou hast led captivity captive: thou hast received gifts for men; yea, for the rebellious also, that the Lord God might dwell among them.

Ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.―Your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you.―Ye . . . are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

The heathen shall know that I the Lord do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.

2Ch 6:18 Ex 25:8 29:43,45 Ps 68:18 2Co 6:16 1Co 6:19 Eph 2:22 Eze 37:28



Here it is again with the full verses and references

01.10 Evening:

(II Chronicles 6:18)But will God in very deed dwell with men on the earth? behold, heaven and the heaven of heavens cannot contain thee; how much less this house which I have built!


(Exodus 25:8)And let them make me a sanctuary; that I may dwell among them.--(Exodus 29:43)And there I will meet with the children of Israel, and the tabernacle shall be sanctified by my glory. . . .(Exodus 29:45)And I will dwell among the children of Israel, and will be their God.

(Psalm 68:18)Thou hast ascended on high, thou hast led captivity captive: thou hast received gifts for men; yea, for the rebellious also, that the Lord God might dwell among them.

(II Corinthians 6:16)And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.--(I Corinthians 6:19)What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
--(Ephesians 2:22)In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

(Ezekiel 37:28)And the heathen shall know that I the Lord do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.

2Ch 6:18 Ex 25:8 29:43,45 Ps 68:18 2Co 6:16 1Co 6:19 Eph 2:22 Eze 37:28



--

Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be Glory and Dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

No comments: