The LORD is gracious,
and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.
(Psalm 145:8)
The Word for the YEAR--
Romans 8:35-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For Thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
The Word for the month--
Psalm 17:15 As for me, I will behold Thy Face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with Thy likeness.
The Word for the day--
John 17:24 Father, I will that they also, Whom Thou hast given Me, be with Me where I am; that they may behold My glory, which Thou hast given Me: for Thou lovedst Me before the foundation of the world.
Compare Spiritual with Spiritual (1 Corinthians 2:12-14; John 5:39)--
"Father, I will that they also, Whom Thou hast given Me"
John 6:37 All that the Father giveth Me shall come to Me; and him that cometh to Me I will in no wise cast out.
Isaiah 49:6 And He said, It is a light thing that Thou shouldest be My Servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give Thee for a Light to the Gentiles, that Thou mayest be My Salvation unto the end of the earth.
"be with Me where I am"
John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, He hath declared Him.
John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me.
John 14:1-2 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
"that they may behold My glory, which Thou hast given Me: for Thou lovedst Me before the foundation of the world"
John 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify Thou Me with Thine Own Self with the glory which I had with Thee before the world was.
Proverbs 8:20-23 I lead in the Way of Righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgment: That I may cause those that love Me to inherit substance; and I will fill their treasures. The Lord possessed Me in the beginning of His way, before His works of old. I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.
Again, the Word for the day--John 17:24 Father, I will that they also, whom Thou hast given Me, be with Me where I am; that they may behold My glory, which Thou hast given Me: for Thou lovedst Me before the foundation of the world.
Hear this morning's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]
01.10 Morning:
Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it. . . .That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.―Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.
The peace of God, . . . passeth all understanding.―Let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body.
Our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace, comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work.―Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Here it is again with the full verses and references
01.10 Morning:
(Ephesians 5:25)Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; . . .(Ephesians 5:27)That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.--(Colossians 1:28)Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:
(Philippians 4:7)And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.--(Colossians 3:15)And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.
(II Thessalonians 2:16,17)Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace, comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work.--(I Corinthians 1:8)Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Psalm 104:34 My meditation of Him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the Lord.
Psalm 72:17-19 His Name shall endure for ever: His Name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in Him: all nations shall call Him blessed. Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, Who only doeth wondrous things. And blessed be His Glorious Name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with His glory; Amen, and Amen.
II Timothy 2:1Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.
--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be Glory and Dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment