Hear this evening's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]
01.30 Evening:
It is good for a man that he bear the yoke in his youth.
Train up a child in the Way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
We have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live? For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but He for our profit, that we might be partakers of His holiness.
Before I was afflicted I went astray: but now have I kept Thy Word. . . . It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn Thy statutes.
I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.-- Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time.
Here it is again with the entire verses and references
01.30 Evening:
(Proverbs 22:6)Train up a child in the Way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
(Hebrews 12:9,10)Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live? For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but He for our profit, that we might be partakers of His holiness.
(Psalm 119:67)Before I was afflicted I went astray: but now have I kept Thy Word. . . . (Psalm 119:71)It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn Thy statutes.
(Jeremiah 29:11)For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.-- (I Peter 5:6)Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time:
--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment