The LORD is gracious,
and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.
(Psalm 145:8)
The Word for the YEAR--
Romans 8:35-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For Thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
The Word for the month--
Psalm 17:15 As for me, I will behold Thy Face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with Thy likeness.
The Word for the day--
Isaiah 65:1 I am sought of them that asked not for Me; I am found of them that sought Me not: I said, Behold Me, behold Me, unto a nation that was not called by My Name.
Compare Spiritual with Spiritual (1 Corinthians 2:12-14; John 5:39)--
"I am sought of them that asked not for Me; I am found of them that sought Me not"
Romans 10:17 So then Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.
Acts 11:1,15 And the apostles and brethren that were in Judæa heard that the Gentiles had also received the Word of God. . . . . And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning.
"I am found of them that sought me not: I said, Behold Me, behold Me, unto a nation that was not called by My Name."
Romans 10:20,21 But Esaias is very bold, and saith, I was found of them that sought Me not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after Me. But to Israel He saith, All day long I have stretched forth My hands unto a disobedient and gainsaying people.
I Peter 2:9-11 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of Him Who hath called you out of darkness into His Marvellous Light: which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy. Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;
Hosea 1:10 Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not My people, there it shall be said unto them, Ye are the sons of the living God.
Romans 9:24-26 Even us, whom He hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles? As He saith also in Osee, I will call them My people, which were not My people; and her beloved, which was not beloved. And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not My people; there shall they be called the children of the Living God.
"I said, Behold Me, behold Me"
Psalm 17:15 As for me, I will behold Thy Face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with Thy likeness.
Again, the Word for the day--Isaiah 65:1 I am sought of them that asked not for Me; I am found of them that sought Me not: I said, Behold Me, behold Me, unto a nation that was not called by My Name.
Hear this morning's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]
01.30 Morning:
If any man will come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me.--Whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be My disciple.--Let us therefore cast off the works of darkness.
Every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: but I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.--Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the Prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.--Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the Lord.
Here it is again with the entire verses and references
01.30 Morning:
(Luke 9:23)And He said to them all, If any man will come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me.--(Luke 14:33)So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be My disciple.--(Romans 13:12)The night is far spent, the Day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of Light.
(I Corinthians 9:25-27)And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: but I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.--(Philippians 3:13,14)Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the Prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.-- (Hosea 6:3)Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the Lord: His going forth is prepared as the morning; and He shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth.
Philippians 4:8b " . . . think on these things"
Psalm 72:17-19 His Name shall endure for ever: His Name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in Him: all nations shall call Him blessed. Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, Who only doeth wondrous things. And blessed be His Glorious Name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with His glory; Amen, and Amen.
II Timothy 2:1 Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.
--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment