The LORD is gracious,
and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.
(Psalm 145:8)
The Word for the YEAR--
Romans 8:35-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For Thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
The Word for the month--
Psalm 17:15 As for me, I will behold Thy Face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with Thy likeness.
The Word for the day--
Ezekiel 1:28 As the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud in the day of rain, so was the appearance of the brightness round about. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord. And when I saw it, I fell upon my face, and I heard a Voice of One that spake.
Compare Spiritual with Spiritual (1 Corinthians 2:12-14; John 5:39)--
"The appearance of the bow that is in the cloud in the day of rain, so was the appearance of the brightness round about."
Genesis 9:13 I do set My bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between Me and the earth. . . . And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth.
Hebrews 13:20-21 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, make you perfect in every good work to do His will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ; to Whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
Revelation 4:2-3 And immediately I was in the Spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in Heaven, and one sat on the throne. And He that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald.
"This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord."
Psalm 17:15 As for me, I will behold Thy Face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with Thy likeness.
John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
Again, the Word for the day--Ezekiel 1:28 As the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud in the day of rain, so was the appearance of the brightness round about. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord. And when I saw it, I fell upon my face, and I heard a voice of one that spake.
Hear this morning's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]
01.20 Morning:
The Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.―Thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.
They shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.―JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.―That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father.―God . . . hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name.―Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: and hath put all things under his feet.―He had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. . . . KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
Touching the Almighty, we cannot find him out.―What is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell?
Here it is again with the full verses and references
01.20 Morning:
(John 1:14)And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.--(Psalm 138:2)I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.
(Matthew 1:23)Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.--(Matthew 1:21)And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.--(John 5:23)That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.--(Philippians 2:9)Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:--(Ephesians 1:21,22)Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: and hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,--(Revelation 19:12) His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. . . .(Revelation 19:16) And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
(Job 37:23)Touching the Almighty, we cannot find him out: he is excellent in power, and in judgment, and in plenty of justice: he will not afflict.--(Proverbs 30:4)Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell?
Psalm 104:34 My meditation of Him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the Lord.
Psalm 72:17-19 His Name shall endure for ever: His Name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in Him: all nations shall call Him blessed. Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, Who only doeth wondrous things. And blessed be His Glorious Name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with His glory; Amen, and Amen.
II Timothy 2:1 Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.
--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be Glory and Dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment