Hear this evening's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]
03.01 Evening:
If God be for us, who can be against us?--The Lord is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?
Thou hast given a banner to them that fear Thee.
The Lord is my Light and my Salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the Strength of my Life; of whom shall I be afraid? . . . Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.
Behold, God Himself is with us for our Captain--The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our Refuge.
These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them.
Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?--He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.--Take counsel together, and it shall come to nought; speak the word, and it shall not stand: for God is with us.
Here it is again with the full verses and references
03.01 Evening:
(Romans 8:31)What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?--(Psalm 118:6)The Lord is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?
(Psalm 60:4)Thou hast given a banner to them that fear Thee, that it may be displayed because of the Truth. Selah.
(Psalm 27:1)The Lord is my Light and my Salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the Strength of my Life; of whom shall I be afraid? . . . (Psalm 27:3)Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.
(II Chronicles 13:12)And, behold, God Himself is with us for our Captain, and His priests with sounding trumpets to cry alarm against you. O children of Israel, fight ye not against the Lord God of your fathers; for ye shall not prosper.--(Psalm 46:7)The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our Refuge. Selah.
(Revelation 17:14)These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for He is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with Him are called, and chosen, and faithful.
(Psalm 2:1)Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?--(Psalm 2:4)He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.--(Isaiah 8:10)Take counsel together, and it shall come to nought; speak the word, and it shall not stand: for God is with us.
--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment