Monday, March 1, 2010

The LORD is gracious



The LORD is gracious,
and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.
(Psalm 145:8)


The Word for the YEAR--
Romans 8:35-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For Thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.


The Word for the month--
Psalm 18:3 I will call upon the Lord, Who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.


The Word for the day--
Exodus 15:11 Who is like unto Thee, O Lord, among the gods? who is like Thee, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders?

Compare Spiritual with Spiritual (1 Corinthians 2:12-14; John 5:39)--

"Who is like unto Thee, O Lord, among the gods? who is like Thee"

Isaiah 44:6-8 Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his Redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside Me there is no God. And who, as I, shall call, and shall declare it, and set it in order for Me, since I appointed the ancient people? and the things that are coming, and shall come, let them shew unto them. Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even My witnesses. Is there a God beside Me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.

John 1:49,50 Nathanael answered and saith unto Him, Rabbi, Thou art the Son of God; Thou art the King of Israel. Jesus answered and said unto him, Because I said unto thee, I saw thee under the fig tree, believest thou? thou shalt see greater things than these.

Revelation 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.





"glorious in holiness"

Romans 1:3,4 . . .Concerning His Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the Seed of David according to the flesh; and declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the Spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead: . . .

Ephesians 4:24 And that ye put on the new Man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Revelation 15:4 Who shall not fear Thee, O Lord, and glorify Thy Name? for Thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before Thee; for Thy judgments are made manifest.

I Chronicles 16:29 Give unto the Lord the glory due unto His Name: bring an offering, and come before Him: worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness.


Psalm 30:4 Sing unto the Lord, O ye saints of His, and give thanks at the remembrance of His holiness.

Psalm 47:8 God reigneth over the heathen: God sitteth upon the throne of His Holiness.

I Peter 1:15,16 But as He which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

Hebrews 12:9-14 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live? For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but He for our profit, that we might be partakers of His holiness. Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable Fruit of Righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby. Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees; and make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the Way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: . . .


"fearful in praises, doing wonders"


Psalm 145:5-13 I will speak of the glorious honour of Thy majesty, and of Thy wondrous works.
And men shall speak of the might of Thy terrible acts: and I will declare thy greatness. They shall abundantly utter the memory of Thy great goodness, and shall sing of Thy righteousness. The Lord is gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy. The Lord is good to all: and His tender mercies are over all His works. All thy works shall praise Thee, O Lord; and thy saints shall bless Thee. They shall speak of the glory of Thy Kingdom, and talk of Thy power; to make known to the sons of men His mighty acts, and the glorious Majesty of His Kingdom. Thy Kingdom is an everlasting Kingdom, and Thy dominion endureth throughout all generations.

Isaiah 44:6-8 Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his Redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside Me there is no God. And who, as I, shall call, and shall declare it, and set it in order for Me, since I appointed the ancient people? and the things that are coming, and shall come, let them shew unto them. Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even My witnesses. Is there a God beside Me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.

Psalm 107:8,9 Oh that men would praise the Lord for His goodness, and for His wonderful works to the children of men! For He satisfieth the longing soul, and filleth the hungry soul with goodness.

Psalm 72:17-19 His Name shall endure for ever: His Name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in Him: all nations shall call Him blessed. Blessed be the
Lord God, the God of Israel, Who only doeth wondrous things. And blessed be His glorious Name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with His glory; Amen, and Amen.


Again, the Word for the day
--Exodus 15:11 Who is like unto Thee, O Lord, among the gods? who is like Thee, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders?



Hear this morning's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]

03.01 Morning:

The fruit of the Spirit is love.


God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.--The love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.--Unto you . . . which believe He is precious.--We love Him, because He first loved us.--The love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if One died for all, then were all dead: and that He died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto Him which died for them, and rose again.

Ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another.--This is My commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.--Above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.--Walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given Himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.

Ga 5:22 1Jo 4:16 Ro 5:5 1Pe 2:7 1Jo 4:19 2Co 5:14,15 1Th 4:9 Joh 15:12 1Pe 4:8 Eph 5:2



Here it is again with the full verses and references

03.01 Morning:

(Galatians 5:22)But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,


(I John 4:16)And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.--(Romans 5:5)And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.--(I Peter 2:7)Unto you therefore which believe He is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the Stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the Head of the corner,--(I John 4:19)We love Him, because He first loved us.--(II Corinthians 5:14,15)For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if One died for all, then were all dead: and that He died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto Him which died for them, and rose again.

(I Thessalonians 4:9)But as touching brotherly love ye need not that I write unto you: for ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another.--(John 15:12)This is My commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.--(I Peter 4:8)And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.--(Ephesians 5:2)And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given Himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.

Ga 5:22 1Jo 4:16 Ro 5:5 1Pe 2:7 1Jo 4:19 2Co 5:14,15 1Th 4:9 Joh 15:12 1Pe 4:8 Eph 5:2



Philippians 4:8b " . . . think on these things"




Psalm 72:17-19 His Name shall endure for ever: His Name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in Him: all nations shall call Him blessed. Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, Who only doeth wondrous things. And blessed be His Glorious Name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with His glory; Amen, and Amen.


II Timothy 2:1 Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.


--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Regarding the Word for the day, and the words "Who is like unto Thee, O Lord, among the gods? who is like Thee"...
I thought of Psalm 89:6
Ps 89:6-9 For who in the heaven can be compared unto the Lord? who among the sons of the mighty can be likened unto the Lord?
God is greatly to be feared in the assembly of the saints, and to be had in reverence of all them that are about Him.
O Lord God of hosts, Who is a strong Lord like unto Thee? or to Thy faithfulness round about Thee?
Thou rulest the raging of the sea: when the waves thereof arise, Thou stillest them.
Thanks again!