Thursday, March 4, 2010

Evening Devotional


Hear this evening's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]


03.04 Evening:

[He] bowed his shoulder to bear.


Take, my brethren, the prophets, who have spoken in the Name of the Lord, for an example of suffering affliction, and of patience.--Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

Shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil?--Aaron held his peace.-- It is the Lord: let Him do what seemeth Him good.

Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and He shall sustain thee.-- Surely He hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows.

Come unto Me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light.

Ge 49:15 Jas 5:10 1Co 10:11 Job 2:10 Le 10:3 1Sa 3:18 Ps 55:22 Isa 53:4 Mt 11:28-30



Here it is again with the full verses and references


03.04 Evening:

(Genesis 49:15)And he saw that rest was good, and the land that it was pleasant; and bowed his shoulder to bear, and became a servant unto tribute.


(James 5:10)Take, my brethren, the prophets, who have spoken in the Name of the Lord, for an example of suffering affliction, and of patience.--(I Corinthians 10:11)Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

(Job 2:10)But he said unto her, Thou speakest as one of the foolish women speaketh. What? shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil? In all this did not Job sin with his lips.--(Leviticus 10:3)Then Moses said unto Aaron, This is it that the Lord spake, saying, I will be sanctified in them that come nigh Me, and before all the people I will be glorified. And Aaron held his peace.--(I Samuel 3:18)And Samuel told him every whit, and hid nothing from him. And he said, It is the Lord: let him do what seemeth Him good.

(Psalm 55:22)Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and He shall sustain thee: He shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.--(Isaiah 53:4)Surely He hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem Him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

(Matthew 11:28-30)Come unto Me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light.

Ge 49:15 Jas 5:10 1Co 10:11 Job 2:10 Le 10:3 1Sa 3:18 Ps 55:22 Isa 53:4 Mt 11:28-30



--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

No comments: