Friday, March 5, 2010

The LORD is gracious





The LORD is gracious,

and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.
(Psalm 145:8)


The Word for the YEAR--
Romans 8:35-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For Thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.


The Word for the month--
Psalm 18:3 I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.


The Word for the day--
Psalm 4:1 Hear me when I call, O God of my Righteousness: Thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer.




Hear this morning's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]

03.05 Morning:
O Lord, I am oppressed; undertake for me.


Unto Thee lift I up mine eyes, O Thou that dwellest in the heavens. Behold, as the eyes of servants look unto the hand of their masters, and as the eyes of a maiden unto the hand of her mistress; so our eyes wait upon the Lord our God.-- Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer. From the end of the earth will I cry unto Thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the Rock that is higher than I. For Thou hast been a Shelter for me, and a strong Tower from the enemy. I will abide in Thy tabernacle for ever: I will trust in the covert of Thy Wings.--Thou hast been a Strength to the poor, a Strength to the needy in his distress, a Refuge from the storm.

Christ . . . suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow His steps: Who did no sin, neither was guile found in His mouth: Who, when He was reviled, reviled not again; when He suffered, He threatened not; but committed Himself to Him that judgeth righteously.

Isa 38:14 Ps 123:1,2 61:1-4 Isa 25:4 1Pe 2:21-23



Here it is again with the full verses and references

03.05 Morning:

(Isaiah 38:14)Like a crane or a swallow, so did I chatter: I did mourn as a dove: mine eyes fail with looking upward: O Lord, I am oppressed; undertake for me.


(Psalm 123:1,2)Unto Thee lift I up mine eyes, O Thou that dwellest in the heavens. Behold, as the eyes of servants look unto the hand of their masters, and as the eyes of a maiden unto the hand of her mistress; so our eyes wait upon the Lord our God, until that He have mercy upon us.--(Psalm 61:1-4)Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer. From the end of the earth will I cry unto Thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the Rock that is higher than I. For Thou hast been a Shelter for me, and a strong Tower from the enemy. I will abide in Thy tabernacle for ever: I will trust in the covert of Thy Wings. Selah.--(Isaiah 25:4)For Thou hast been a Strength to the poor, a Strength to the needy in his distress, a Refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, when the blast of the terrible ones is as a storm against the wall.

(I Peter 2:21-23)For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow His steps: Who did no sin, neither was guile found in His mouth: Who, when He was reviled, reviled not again; when He suffered, He threatened not; but committed Himself to Him that judgeth righteously:

Isa 38:14 Ps 123:1,2 61:1-4 Isa 25:4 1Pe 2:21-23



Philippians 4:8b " . . . think on these things"




Psalm 72:17-19 His Name shall endure for ever: His Name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in Him: all nations shall call Him blessed. Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, Who only doeth wondrous things. And blessed be His Glorious Name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with His glory; Amen, and Amen.


II Timothy 2:1 Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.


--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

No comments: