Saturday, March 27, 2010

Evening Devotional


Hear this evening's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]


03.27 Evening:

God is faithful.


God is not a man, that He should lie; neither the son of man, that He should repent: hath He said, and shall He not do it? or hath He spoken, and shall He not make it good?--The Lord sware and will not repent.

God, willing more abundantly to shew unto the heirs of promise the immutability of His counsel, confirmed it by an oath: that by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for Refuge to lay hold upon the Hope set before us:--Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to Him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

I know Whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him against that day.--Faithful is He that calleth you, Who also will do it.--All the promises of God in Him are yea, and in Him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

1Co 10:13 Nu 23:19 Heb 7:21 6:17,18 1Pe 4:19 2Ti 1:12 1Th 5:24 2Co 1:20



Here it is again with the full verses and references

03.27 Evening:

(I Corinthians 10:13)There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, Who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.


(Numbers 23:19)God is not a man, that He should lie; neither the son of man, that He should repent: hath He said, and shall He not do it? or hath He spoken, and shall He not make it good?--(Hebrews 7:21)(For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by Him that said unto Him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a Priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec:)

(Hebrews 6:17,18)Wherein God, willing more abundantly to shew unto the heirs of promise the immutability of His counsel, confirmed it by an oath: that by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for Refuge to lay hold upon the Hope set before us:--(I Peter 4:19)Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to Him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

(II Timothy 1:12)For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know Whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him against that day.--(I Thessalonians 5:24)Faithful is He that calleth you, Who also will do it.--(II Corinthians 1:20)For all the promises of God in Him are yea, and in Him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

1Co 10:13 Nu 23:19 Heb 7:21 6:17,18 1Pe 4:19 2Ti 1:12 1Th 5:24 2Co 1:20


--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

No comments: