Friday, April 9, 2010

Evening Devotional


Hear this evening's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]


04.09 Evening:

I will mention the lovingkindnesses of the Lord, and the praises of the Lord, according to all that the Lord hath bestowed on us.


He brought me up . . . out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a Rock, and established my goings.--The Son of God, . . . loved me, and gave Himself for me.--He that spared not His Own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?--God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.--Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of His glory.

God, Who is rich in mercy, for His great love wherewith He loved us, even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) and hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Isa 63:7 Ps 40:2 Ga 2:20 Ro 8:32 5:8 2Co 1:22 Eph 1:14 2:4-6



Here it is again with the full verses and references

04.09 Evening:

(Isaiah 63:7)I will mention the lovingkindnesses of the Lord, and the praises of the Lord, according to all that the Lord hath bestowed on us, and the great goodness toward the house of Israel, which He hath bestowed on them according to His mercies, and according to the multitude of His lovingkindnesses.


(Psalm 40:2)He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a Rock, and established my goings.--(Galatians 2:20)I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the Life which I now live in the flesh I live by the Faith of the Son of God, Who loved me, and gave Himself for me.--(Romans 8:32)He that spared not His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?--(Romans 5:8)But God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

(II Corinthians 1:22)Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.--(Ephesians 1:14)Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of His glory.

(Ephesians 2:4-6)But God, Who is rich in mercy, for His great love wherewith He loved us, even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) and hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Isa 63:7 Ps 40:2 Ga 2:20 Ro 8:32 5:8 2Co 1:22 Eph 1:14 2:4-6




--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

No comments: