The Lord is gracious,
and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.
(Psalm 145:8)
The Word for the YEAR--
Romans 8:35-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For Thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
The Word for the month--
Psalm 18:30 As for God, His Way is perfect: the Word of the Lord is tried: He is a buckler to all those that trust in Him.
The Word for the day--
Deuteronomy 32:3,4 Because I will publish the Name of the Lord: ascribe ye greatness unto our God. He is the Rock, His work is perfect: for all His ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is He.
Here is the entire sentence--
Deuteronomy 32:2-4 My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distil as the dew, as the small rain upon the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass: because I will publish the Name of the Lord: ascribe ye greatness unto our God. He is the Rock, His work is perfect: for all His ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is He.
Hear this morning's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]
04.10 Morning:
Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.--Thy renown went forth among the heathen for thy beauty: for it was perfect through My comeliness, which I had put upon thee, saith the Lord God.
I am a sinful man, O Lord.--Behold, thou art fair, My love; behold, thou art fair.
I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.--Thou art all fair, My love; there is no spot in thee.
When I would do good, evil is present with me.--Be of good cheer; thy sins be forgiven thee.
I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing.--Ye are complete in Him.--Perfect in Christ Jesus:
Ye are washed, . . . ye are sanctified, . . . ye are justified in the Name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.--That ye should shew forth the praises of Him Who hath called you out of darkness into His Marvellous Light:
Here it is again with the full verses and references
04.10 Morning:
(Psalm 51:5)Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.--(Ezekiel 16:14)And thy renown went forth among the heathen for thy beauty: for it was perfect through My comeliness, which I had put upon thee, saith the Lord God.
(Luke 5:8)When Simon Peter saw it, he fell down at Jesus' knees, saying, Depart from me; for I am a sinful man, O Lord.--(Song of Solomon 4:1)Behold, thou art fair, My love; behold, thou art fair; thou hast doves' eyes within thy locks: thy hair is as a flock of goats, that appear from mount Gilead.
(Job 42:6)Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.--(Song of Solomon 4:7)Thou art all fair, My love; there is no spot in thee.
(Romans 7:21)I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.--(Matthew 9:2)And, behold, they brought to Him a man sick of the palsy, lying on a bed: and Jesus seeing their Faith said unto the sick of the palsy; Son, be of good cheer; thy sins be forgiven thee.
(Romans 7:18)For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.--(Colossians 2:10)And ye are complete in Him, which is the Head of all principality and power:--(Colossians 1:28)Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all Wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:
(I Corinthians 6:11)And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the Name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.--(I Peter 2:9)But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of Him Who hath called you out of darkness into His Marvellous Light:
Philippians 4:8b " . . . think on these things"
Psalm 72:17-19 His Name shall endure for ever: His Name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in Him: all nations shall call Him blessed. Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, Who only doeth wondrous things. And blessed be His Glorious Name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with His glory; Amen, and Amen.
II Timothy 2:1 Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.
--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment