Hear this evening's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]
04.18 Evening:
I will remember My covenant with thee in the days of thy youth, and I will establish unto thee an Everlasting Covenant.
By one offering He hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.--He is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by Him, seeing He ever liveth to make intercession for them.--I know Whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him against that Day.
The gifts and calling of God are without repentance.--Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?--The Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto Living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.--So shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
This is not your rest.--Here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come.
Here it is again with the full verses and references
04.18 Evening:
(Ezekiel 16:60)Nevertheless I will remember My Covenant with thee in the days of thy youth, and I will establish unto thee an Everlasting Covenant.
(Hebrews 10:14)For by one offering He hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.--(Hebrews 7:25)Wherefore He is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by Him, seeing He ever liveth to make intercession for them.--(II Timothy 1:12)For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know Whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him against that Day.
(Romans 11:29)For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.--(Romans 8:35)Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?--(Revelation 7:17)For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto Living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.--(I Thessalonians 4:17,18)Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
(Micah 2:10)Arise ye, and depart; for this is not your rest: because it is polluted, it shall destroy you, even with a sore destruction.--(Hebrews 13:14)For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come.
--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment