Saturday, April 17, 2010

The LORD is gracious




The Lord is gracious,

and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.
(Psalm 145:8)


The Word for the YEAR--
Romans 8:35-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For Thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.


The Word for the month--
Psalm 18:30 As for God, His Way is perfect: the Word of the Lord is tried: He is a buckler to all those that trust in Him.


The Word for the day--
Psalm 86:11 Teach me Thy way, O Lord; I will walk in Thy truth: unite my heart to fear Thy Name.


Compare Spiritual with Spiritual (1 Corinthians 2:12-14; John 5:39)--

"Teach me Thy way, O Lord"

Psalm 25:4,5 Shew me Thy ways, O Lord; teach me Thy paths. Lead me in Thy truth, and teach me: for Thou art the God of my salvation; on Thee do I wait all the day.

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, Whom the Father will send in My Name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.


"I will walk in Thy truth"

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me.


Psalm 25:10 All the paths of the Lord are mercy and truth unto such as keep His covenant and His testimonies.

III John 1:4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth [Jn 14:16,17; Gal 5:16; Rom 8:13,14].


"unite my heart
to fear Thy Name."

John 17:20-23 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on Me through their word; That they all may be one; as Thou, Father, art in Me, and I in Thee, that they also may be one in Us: that the world may believe that Thou hast sent Me. And the glory which Thou gavest Me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: I in them, and Thou in Me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that Thou hast sent Me, and hast loved them, as Thou hast loved Me.

Ephesians 4:1-3 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, with all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

Jeremiah 32:38-40 And they shall be My people, and I will be their God: And I will give them one heart, and one way, that they may fear Me for ever, for the good of them, and of their children after them: And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put My fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from Me.

Proverbs 8:13 The fear of the Lord is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

Acts 9:31 Then had the churches rest throughout all Judæa and Galilee and Samaria, and were edified; and walking in the fear of the Lord, and in the comfort of the Holy Ghost, were multiplied.


Again, the Word for the day
--Psalm 86:11 Teach me Thy way, O Lord; I will walk in Thy truth: unite my heart to fear Thy Name.



Hear this morning's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]


04.17 Morning:

Whoso offereth praise glorifieth Me.


Let the Word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the Name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by Him.-- Glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of Him Who hath called you out of darkness into His Marvellous Light:--Ye, . . . as lively stones, are built up a Spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up Spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.--By Him . . . let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to His Name.

My soul shall make her boast in the Lord: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad. O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His Name together.

Ps 50:23 Col 3:16,17 1Co 6:20 1Pe 2:9,5 Heb 13:15 Ps 34:2,3



Here it is again with the full verses and references

04.17 Morning:

(Psalm 50:23)Whoso offereth praise glorifieth Me: and to him that ordereth his conversation aright will I shew the salvation of God.


(Colossians 3:16,17)Let the Word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the Name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by Him.--(I Corinthians 6:20)For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

(I Peter 2:9)But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of Him Who hath called you out of darkness into His Marvellous Light:--(I Peter 2:5)Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a Spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up Spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.--(Hebrews 13:15)By Him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to His Name.

(Psalm 34:2,3)My soul shall make her boast in the Lord: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad. O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His Name together.

Ps 50:23 Col 3:16,17 1Co 6:20 1Pe 2:9,5 Heb 13:15 Ps 34:2,3



Philippians 4:8b " . . . think on these things"



Psalm 72:17-19 His Name shall endure for ever: His Name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in Him: all nations shall call Him blessed. Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, Who only doeth wondrous things. And blessed be His Glorious Name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with His glory; Amen, and Amen.


II Timothy 2:1 Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.


--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

No comments: