Saturday, April 17, 2010

Evening Devotional


Hear this evening's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]


04.17 Evening:

Draw me, we will run after thee.


I have loved thee with an Everlasting Love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.--I drew them with cords of a Man, with bands of love.-- I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto Me.--Behold the Lamb of God!--As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have Eternal Life.

Whom have I in Heaven but Thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside Thee.--We love Him, because He first loved us.

My Beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, My love, My fair one, and come away. For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land; the fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell. Arise, My love, My fair one, and come away.

So 1:4 Jer 31:3 Ho 11:4 Joh 12:32 1:36 3:14,15 Ps 73:25 1Jo 4:19 So 2:10-13



Here it is again with the full verses and references

04.17 Evening:

(Song of Solomon 1:4)Draw me, we will run after Thee: the King hath brought me into His chambers: we will be glad and rejoice in Thee, we will remember Thy love more than wine: the upright love Thee.


(Jeremiah 31:3)The Lord hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an Everlasting Love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.--(Hosea 11:4)I drew them with cords of a Man, with bands of love: and I was to them as they that take off the yoke on their jaws, and I laid meat unto them.--(John 12:32)And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto Me.--(John 1:36)And looking upon Jesus as He walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God!--(John 3:14,15)And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have Eternal Life.

(Psalm 73:25)Whom have I in Heaven but Thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside Thee.--(I John 4:19)We love Him, because He first loved us.

(Song of Solomon 2:10-13)My Beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, My love, My fair one, and come away. For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land; the fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell. Arise, My love, My fair one, and come away.

So 1:4 Jer 31:3 Ho 11:4 Joh 12:32 1:36 3:14,15 Ps 73:25 1Jo 4:19 So 2:10-13





--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

No comments: