Saturday, May 1, 2010

The LORD is gracious



The Lord is gracious,
and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.
(Psalm 145:8)


The Word for the YEAR--
Romans 8:35-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For Thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.


The Word for the month--
Psalm 107:8,9 Oh that men would praise the Lord for His goodness, and for His wonderful works to the children of men! For He satisfieth the longing soul, and filleth the hungry soul with goodness.


The Word for the day--
Psalm 40:5 Many, O Lord my God, are Thy wonderful works which Thou hast done, and Thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto Thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered.



Hear this morning's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]


05.01 Morning:

The fruit of the Spirit is . . . peace.


To be Spiritually minded is Life and Peace.

God hath called us to peace.―Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.―The God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

I know Whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him against that Day.―Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee: because he trusteth in Thee.

The work of Righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of Righteousness quietness and assurance for ever. And My people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places.―Whoso hearkeneth unto Me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.

Great peace have they which love Thy Law.

Ga 5:22 Ro 8:6 1Co 7:15 Joh 14:27 Ro 15:13 2Ti 1:12 Isa 26:3 32:17,18 Pr 1:33 Ps 119:165


Here it is again with the full verses and references

05.01 Morning:

(Galatians 5:22)But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,


(Romans 8:6)For to be carnally minded is death; but to be Spiritually minded is Life and Peace.

(I Corinthians 7:15)But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace.--(John 14:27)Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.--(Romans 15:13)Now the God of Hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in Hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

(II Timothy 1:12)For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know Whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him against that Day.--(Isaiah 26:3)Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee: because he trusteth in Thee.

(Isaiah 32:17,18)And the work of Righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of Righteousness quietness and assurance for ever. And My people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places;--(Proverbs 1:33)But whoso hearkeneth unto Me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.

(Psalm 119:165)Great peace have they which love Thy Law: and nothing shall offend them.

Ga 5:22 Ro 8:6 1Co 7:15 Joh 14:27 Ro 15:13 2Ti 1:12 Isa 26:3 32:17,18 Pr 1:33 Ps 119:165



Philippians 4:8b " . . . think on these things"



Psalm 72:17-19 His Name shall endure for ever: His Name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in Him: all nations shall call Him blessed. Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, Who only doeth wondrous things. And blessed be His Glorious Name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with His glory; Amen, and Amen.


II Timothy 2:1 Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.


--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

No comments: