Hear this evening's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]
06.18 Evening:
Faith as a grain of mustard seed.
Barak said unto her, If thou wilt go with me, then I will go: but if thou wilt not go with me, then I will not go.―God subdued on that day Jabin the king of Canaan before the children of Israel.―Gideon . . . feared his father's household, and the men of the city, that he could not do it by day, . . . did it by night. . . . Gideon said unto God, If thou wilt save Israel by mine hand, as thou hast said, . . . Let me prove, I pray thee, . . . And God did so.
Thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.―Who hath despised the day of small things?
We are bound to thank God always for you, brethren, as it is meet, because that your faith groweth exceedingly.―Lord, Increase our faith.―I will be as the dew unto Israel: he shall grow as the lily, and cast forth his roots as Lebanon. His branches shall spread, and his beauty shall be as the olive tree, and his smell as Lebanon.
Mt 17:20 Jdg 4:8,23 6:27,36,39,40 Re 3:8 Zec 4:10 2Th 1:3 Lu 17:5 Ho 14:5,6
Here it is again with the full verses and references
06.18 Evening:
(Matthew 17:20)And Jesus said
unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye
have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain,
Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be
impossible unto you.
(Judges 4:8)And Barak said unto her, If thou wilt go with me, then I will go: but if thou wilt not go with me, then I will not go.--(Judges 4:23)So God subdued on that day Jabin the king of Canaan before the children of Israel.--(Judges 6:27)Then Gideon took ten men of his servants, and did as the Lord had said unto him: and so it was, because he feared his father's household, and the men of the city, that he could not do it by day, that he did it by night.--(Judges 6:36)And Gideon said unto God, If thou wilt save Israel by mine hand, as thou hast said,--(Judges 6:39,40)And Gideon said unto God, Let not thine anger be hot against me, and I will speak but this once: let me prove, I pray thee, but this once with the fleece; let it now be dry only upon the fleece, and upon all the ground let there be dew. And God did so that night: for it was dry upon the fleece only, and there was dew on all the ground.
(Revelation 3:8)I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.--(Zechariah 4:10)For who hath despised the day of small things? for they shall rejoice, and shall see the plummet in the hand of Zerubbabel with those seven; they are the eyes of the Lord, which run to and fro through the whole earth.
06.18 Evening:
Barak said unto her, If thou wilt go with me, then I will go: but if thou wilt not go with me, then I will not go.―God subdued on that day Jabin the king of Canaan before the children of Israel.―Gideon . . . feared his father's household, and the men of the city, that he could not do it by day, . . . did it by night. . . . Gideon said unto God, If thou wilt save Israel by mine hand, as thou hast said, . . . Let me prove, I pray thee, . . . And God did so.
Thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.―Who hath despised the day of small things?
We are bound to thank God always for you, brethren, as it is meet, because that your faith groweth exceedingly.―Lord, Increase our faith.―I will be as the dew unto Israel: he shall grow as the lily, and cast forth his roots as Lebanon. His branches shall spread, and his beauty shall be as the olive tree, and his smell as Lebanon.
Here it is again with the full verses and references
06.18 Evening:
(Judges 4:8)And Barak said unto her, If thou wilt go with me, then I will go: but if thou wilt not go with me, then I will not go.--(Judges 4:23)So God subdued on that day Jabin the king of Canaan before the children of Israel.--(Judges 6:27)Then Gideon took ten men of his servants, and did as the Lord had said unto him: and so it was, because he feared his father's household, and the men of the city, that he could not do it by day, that he did it by night.--(Judges 6:36)And Gideon said unto God, If thou wilt save Israel by mine hand, as thou hast said,--(Judges 6:39,40)And Gideon said unto God, Let not thine anger be hot against me, and I will speak but this once: let me prove, I pray thee, but this once with the fleece; let it now be dry only upon the fleece, and upon all the ground let there be dew. And God did so that night: for it was dry upon the fleece only, and there was dew on all the ground.
(Revelation 3:8)I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.--(Zechariah 4:10)For who hath despised the day of small things? for they shall rejoice, and shall see the plummet in the hand of Zerubbabel with those seven; they are the eyes of the Lord, which run to and fro through the whole earth.
(II Thessalonians 1:3)We
are bound to thank God always for you, brethren, as it is meet, because
that your faith groweth exceedingly, and the charity of every one of
you all toward each other aboundeth;--(Luke 17:5)And the apostles said unto the Lord, Increase our faith.--(Hosea 14:5,6)I will be as the dew unto Israel: he shall grow as
the lily, and cast forth his roots as Lebanon. His branches shall
spread, and his beauty shall be as the olive tree, and his smell as
Lebanon.
Mt 17:20 Jud 4:8,23 6:27,36,39,40 Re 3:8 Zec 4:10 2Th 1:3 Lu 17:5 Ho 14:5,6
--
Romans 5:1,2: Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: by whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment