The Lord is gracious,
and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.
(Psalm 145:8)
The Word for the YEAR--
Romans 8:35-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For Thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
The Word for the month--
Psalm 108:4 For Thy mercy is great above the heavens: and Thy Truth reacheth unto the clouds.
The Word for the day--
I Peter 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to His abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a Lively Hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
Here is the entire sentence--
I Peter 1:3-5 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to His abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a Lively Hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an Inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in Heaven for you, who are kept by the power of God through Faith unto Salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
Hear this morning's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]
06.05 Morning:
Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of Faith.―What hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?―By grace are ye saved through Faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the Gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
By the grace of God I am what I am: and His grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.―For of Him, and through Him, and to Him, are all things.―All things come of Thee, and of Thine Own have we given Thee.
Enter not into judgment with Thy servant: for in Thy sight shall no man living be justified.
Lu 17:10 Ro 3:27 1Co 4:7 Eph 2:8-10 1Co 15:10 Ro 11:36 1Ch 29:14 Ps 143:2
Here it is again with the full verses and references
06.05 Morning:
(Romans 3:27)Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of Faith.--(I Corinthians 4:7)For Who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it? --(Ephesians 2:8-10)For by grace are ye saved through Faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the Gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
(I Corinthians 15:10)But by the grace of God I am what I am: and His grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.--(Romans 11:36)For of Him, and through Him, and to Him, are all things: to Whom be glory for ever. Amen.--(I Chronicles 29:14)But who am I, and what is my people, that we should be able to offer so willingly after this sort? for all things come of Thee, and of Thine Own have we given Thee.
(Psalm 143:2)And enter not into judgment with Thy servant: for in Thy sight shall no man living be justified.
I Timothy 4:15,16 Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all. Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.
Psalm 72:17-19 His Name shall endure for ever: His Name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in Him: all nations shall call Him blessed. Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, Who only doeth wondrous things. And blessed be His Glorious Name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with His glory; Amen, and Amen.
Ephesians 6:24 Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen.
--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment