The Lord is gracious,
and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.
(Psalm 145:8)
The Word for the YEAR--
Romans 8:35-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For Thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
The Word for the month--
Psalm 23:1 The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want.
The Word for the day--
Hebrews 13:5,6 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for He hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my Helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.
Compare Spiritual with Spiritual (1 Corinthians 2:12-14; John 5:39)--
"Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have"
I Timothy 6:8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.
II Corinthians 12:9 And He said unto me, My grace is sufficient ["content" Heb 13:5] for thee: for My strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
Matthew 6:30-34 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your Heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the Kingdom of God, and His Righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
I Samuel 12:21,22 And turn ye not aside: for then should ye go after vain things, which cannot profit nor deliver; for they are vain. For the Lord will not forsake His people for His Great Name's sake: because it hath pleased the Lord to make you His people.
Luke 12:15 And He said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's Life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.
Psalm 119:36 Incline my heart unto Thy Testimonies, and not to covetousness.
"for He hath said, I will never leave thee ["loose" Acts 16:26], nor forsake thee."
John 10:27-30 My sheep hear My Voice, and I know them, and they follow Me: And I give unto them Eternal Life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of My hand. My Father, which gave them Me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of My Father's hand. I and My Father are One.
I Kings 8:57,58 The Lord our God be with us, as He was with our fathers: let Him not leave us, nor forsake us: that He may incline our hearts unto Him, to walk in all His ways, and to keep His commandments, and His statutes, and His judgments, which He commanded our fathers.
I Samuel 12:21,22 And turn ye not aside: for then should ye go after vain things, which cannot profit nor deliver; for they are vain. For the Lord will not forsake His people for His Great Name's sake: because it hath pleased the Lord to make you His people.
I Kings 6:13 And I will dwell among the children of Israel, and will not forsake My people Israel.
Isaiah 41:17 When the poor and needy seek water, and there is none, and their tongue faileth for thirst, I the Lord will hear them, I the God of Israel will not forsake them.
Isaiah 42:16 And I will bring the blind by a Way that they knew not; I will lead them in Paths that they have not known: I will make darkness Light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them.
Isaiah 62:12 And they shall call them, The Holy people, The redeemed of the Lord: and thou shalt be called, Sought out, A City not forsaken.
John 14:15-18 If ye love Me, keep My commandments. And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you for ever; even the Spirit of Truth; Whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth Him not, neither knoweth Him: but ye know Him; for He dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless ["fatherless" Jas 1:27]: I will come to you.
"So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my Helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me."
John 16:1-3 These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended. They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service. And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor Me [Jn 17:3].
Isaiah 51:7 Hearken unto Me, ye that know Righteousness, the people in whose heart is My Law [cp. Jer 31:33]; fear ye not the reproach of men, neither be ye afraid of their revilings.
Isaiah 41:10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of My righteousness.
Psalm 118:6 The Lord is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?
Psalm 56:11 In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me.
Romans 8:37-39 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors ["overcomers" Rev 21:7] through Him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Again, the Word for the day--Hebrews 13:5,6 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for He hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.
Hear this morning's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]
07.28 Morning:
A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.―Above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.―Love covereth all sins.
When ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in Heaven may forgive you your trespasses.―Love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again.―Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth.―Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.―If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.―Be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.
My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
Eph 5:2 Joh 13:34 1Pe 4:8 Pr 10:12 Mr 11:25 Lu 6:35 Pr 24:17 1Pe 3:9 Ro 12:18 Eph 4:32 1Jo 3:18
Here it is again with the full verses and references
07.28 Morning:
(John 13:34)A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.--(I Peter 4:8)And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.--(Proverbs 10:12)Hatred stirreth up strifes: but love covereth all sins.
(Mark 11:25)And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in Heaven may forgive you your trespasses.--(Luke 6:35)But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for He is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.--(Proverbs 24:17)Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth:--(I Peter 3:9)Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.--(Romans 12:18)If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.--(Ephesians 4:32)And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.
(I John 3:18)My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
I Timothy 4:15,16 Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all. Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.
Psalm 72:17-19 His Name shall endure for ever: His Name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in Him: all nations shall call Him blessed. Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, Who only doeth wondrous things. And blessed be His Glorious Name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with His glory; Amen, and Amen.
Ephesians 6:24 Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen.
--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment