Sunday, August 8, 2010

The LORD is gracious


The Lord is gracious,
and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.
(Psalm 145:8)


The Word for the YEAR--
Romans 8:35-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For Thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.


The Word for the month--
Psalm 25:1,2 Unto Thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul. O my God, I trust in Thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.


The Word for the day--
Psalm 65:2 O Thou that hearest prayer, unto Thee shall all flesh come.

Compare Spiritual with Spiritual (1 Corinthians 2:12-14; John 5:39)--

"O Thou that hearest prayer,"

Psalm 5:3 My voice shalt Thou hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto Thee, and will look up.

Psalm 55:17 Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and He shall hear my voice.


I John 5:14-16 And this is the confidence that we have in Him, that, if we ask any thing according to His will, He heareth us: and if we know that He hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of Him. If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and He shall give him Life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

"unto Thee shall all flesh come."

Isaiah 66:23,24 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before Me, saith the Lord. And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against Me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.


Psalm 145:21 My mouth shall speak the praise of the Lord: and let all flesh bless His Holy Name for ever and ever.

Revelation 5:13,14 And every creature which is in Heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto Him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever. And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped Him that liveth for ever and ever.

Again, the Word for the day
--Psalm 65:2 O Thou that hearest prayer, unto Thee shall all flesh come.


Hear this morning's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]

08.08 Morning:


The path of the just is as the shining Light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect Day.


Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.―Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the Lord.

Then shall the righteous shine forth as the Sun in the Kingdom of their Father.―We all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same Image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.―When that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.―For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to Face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.―Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is. And every man that hath this Hope in Him purifieth himself, even as He is pure.

Pr 4:18 Php 3:12 Ho 6:3 Mt 13:43 2Co 3:18 1Co 13:10,12 1Jo 3:2,3


Here it is again with the full verses and references

08.08 Morning:

(Proverbs 4:18)But the path of the just is as the shining Light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect Day.


(Philippians 3:12)Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.--(Hosea 6:3)Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the Lord: His going forth is prepared as the morning; and He shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth.

(Matthew 13:43)Then shall the righteous shine forth as the Sun [cp.Mal 4:2] in the Kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.--(II Corinthians 3:18)But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same Image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.--(I Corinthians 13:10)But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.--(I Corinthians 13:12)For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to Face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.--(I John 3:2,3)Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is. And every man that hath this Hope in Him purifieth himself, even as He is pure.


Pr 4:18 Php 3:12 Ho 6:3 Mt 13:43 2Co 3:18 1Co 13:10,12 1Jo 3:2,3



I Timothy 4:15,16 Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all. Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.




Psalm 72:17-19 His Name shall endure for ever: His Name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in Him: all nations shall call Him blessed. Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, Who only doeth wondrous things. And blessed be His Glorious Name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with His glory; Amen, and Amen.

Ephesians 6:24 Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen.

--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

No comments: