Sunday, August 8, 2010

Evening devotional


Hear this evening's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]


08.08 Evening:

Whosoever shall call upon the Name of the Lord shall be saved.


Him that cometh to Me I will in no wise cast out.―Lord, remember me when thou comest into Thy Kingdom. And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with Me in Paradise.―What will ye that I shall do unto you? They say unto Him, Lord, that our eyes may be opened. So Jesus had compassion on them, and touched their eyes: and immediately their eyes received sight, and they followed Him.

If ye . . . being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your Heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask Him?―I will put My Spirit within you, . . . Thus saith the Lord God; I will yet for this be enquired of.

This is the confidence that we have in Him, that, if we ask any thing according to His will, He heareth us: and if we know that He hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of Him.

Ro 10:13 Joh 6:37 Lu 23:42,43 Mt 20:32-34 Lu 11:13 Eze 36:27,37 1Jo 5:14,15


Here it is again with the full verses and references

08.08 Evening:

(Romans 10:13)For whosoever shall call upon the Name of the Lord shall be saved.


(John 6:37)All that the Father giveth Me shall come to Me; and him that cometh to Me I will in no wise cast out.--(Luke 23:42,43)And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when Thou comest into Thy Kingdom. And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with Me in Paradise.--(Matthew 20:32-34)And Jesus stood still, and called them, and said, What will ye that I shall do unto you? They say unto Him, Lord, that our eyes may be opened. So Jesus had compassion on them, and touched their eyes: and immediately their eyes received sight, and they followed Him.

(Luke 11:13)If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your Heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask Him?--(Ezekiel 36:27)And I will put My Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in My statutes, and ye shall keep My judgments, and do them. . . (Ezekiel 36:37)Thus saith the Lord God; I will yet for this be enquired of by the house of Israel, to do it for them; I will increase them with men like a flock.

(I John 5:14,15)And this is the confidence that we have in Him, that, if we ask any thing according to His will, He heareth us: and if we know that He hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of Him.

Ro 10:13 Joh 6:37 Lu 23:42,43 Mt 20:32-34 Lu 11:13 Eze 36:27,37 1Jo 5:14,15





--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

No comments: