Monday, September 27, 2010

Evening devotional


Hear this evening's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]


09.27 Evening:


Yea, hath God said?


When the tempter came to Him, he said, If Thou be the Son of God.―[Jesus] said, It is written, . . . It is written . . ., . . . It is written.―Then the devil leaveth Him.

I may not return with thee, . . . for it was said to me by the Word of the Lord, Thou shalt eat no bread nor drink water there, nor turn again to go by the way that thou camest. He said unto him, I am a prophet also as thou art; and an angel spake unto me by the Word of the Lord, saying, Bring him back with thee into thine house, that he may eat bread and drink water. But he lied unto him. So he went back with him, . . . The man of God, . . . was disobedient unto the Word of the Lord: therefore the Lord hath delivered him unto the lion, which hath torn him, and slain him, according to the Word of the Lord.―Though we, or an angel from Heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.―Thy Word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against Thee.

Ge 3:1 Mt 4:3,4,7,10,11 1Ki 13:16-19,26 Ga 1:8 Ps 119:11


Here it is again with the full verses and references

09.27 Evening:

(Genesis 3:1)Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?


(Matthew 4:3,4)And when the tempter came to Him, he said, If Thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread. But He answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every Word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. . . .(Matthew 4:7)Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God. . . . .(Matthew 4:10,11)Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and Him only shalt thou serve. Then the devil leaveth Him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.

(I Kings 13:16-19)And he said, I may not return with thee, nor go in with thee: neither will I eat bread nor drink water with thee in this place: for it was said to me by the Word of the Lord, Thou shalt eat no bread nor drink water there, nor turn again to go by the way that thou camest. He said unto him, I am a prophet also as thou art; and an angel spake unto me by the Word of the Lord, saying, Bring him back with thee into thine house, that he may eat bread and drink water. But he lied unto him. So he went back with him, and did eat bread in his house, and drank water. . . .(I Kings 13:26)And when the prophet that brought him back from the Way heard thereof, he said, It is the man of God, who was disobedient unto the Word of the Lord: therefore the Lord hath delivered him unto the lion, which hath torn him, and slain him, according to the Word of the Lord, which He spake unto him.--(Galatians 1:8)But though we, or an angel from Heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.--- (Psalm 119:11)Thy Word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

Ge 3:1 Mt 4:3,4,7,10,11 1Ki 13:16-19,26 Ga 1:8 Ps 119:11






--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.


No comments: