For all flesh is as grass,
and all the glory of man as the flower of grass.
The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:
but the Word of the Lord endureth for ever.
And this is the Word which by the Gospel is preached unto you.
Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings, as newborn babes,
desire the sincere milk of the Word,
that ye may grow thereby:
if so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
(I Peter 1:24-2:3)
The Word for the YEAR--
Romans 8:35-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For Thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
The Word for the month--
Psalm 25:8,9 Good and upright is the Lord: therefore will He teach sinners in the Way. The meek will He guide in Judgment: and the meek will He teach His Way.
The Word for the day--
Matthew 5:1-3 And seeing the multitudes, He went up into a Mountain: and when He was set, His disciples came unto Him: and He opened His mouth, and taught them, saying, Blessed are the poor in Spirit: for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven.
Compare Spiritual with Spiritual (1 Corinthians 2:12-14; John 5:39)--
"And seeing the multitudes, He went up into a Mountain: and when He was set, His disciples came unto Him: and He opened His mouth, and taught them, saying, Blessed are the poor in Spirit: for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven."
Matthew 5:1-3
Again, the Word for the day--Matthew 5:1-3 And seeing the multitudes, He went up into a mountain: and when He was set, His disciples came unto Him: and He opened His mouth, and taught them, saying, Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven.
Hear this morning's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]
09.27 Morning:
Every one that is proud in heart is an abomination to the Lord: though hand join in hand, he shall not be unpunished.
O Lord, Thou art our Father; we are the clay, and Thou our Potter; and we all are the work of Thy Hand. Be not wroth very sore, O Lord, neither remember iniquity for ever: behold, see, we beseech Thee, we are all Thy people.―Thou hast chastised Me, and I was chastised, as a bullock unaccustomed to the yoke: turn Thou Me, and I shall be turned; for Thou art the Lord My God. Surely after that I was turned, I repented; and after that I was instructed, I smote upon My thigh: I was ashamed, yea, even confounded, because I did bear the reproach of My youth.―It is good for a man that he bear the yoke in his youth.
Affliction cometh not forth of the dust, neither doth trouble spring out of the ground; yet man is born unto trouble, as the sparks fly upward.
1Pe 5:6 Pr 16:5 Isa 64:8,9 Jer 31:18,19 La 3:27 Job 5:6,7
Here it is again with the full verses and references
09.27 Morning:
(Proverbs 16:5)Every one that is proud in heart is an abomination to the Lord: though hand join in hand, he shall not be unpunished.
(Isaiah 64:8,9)But now, O Lord, Thou art our Father; we are the clay, and Thou our Potter; and we all are the work of Thy Hand. Be not wroth very sore, O Lord, neither remember iniquity for ever: behold, see, we beseech Thee, we are all Thy people.--(Jeremiah 31:18,19)I have surely heard Ephraim bemoaning Himself thus; Thou hast chastised Me, and I was chastised, as a bullock unaccustomed to the yoke: turn Thou Me, and I shall be turned; for Thou art the Lord My God. Surely after that I was turned, I repented; and after that I was instructed, I smote upon My thigh: I was ashamed, yea, even confounded, because I did bear the reproach of My youth.--(Lamentations 3:27)It is good for a man that he bear the yoke in his youth.
(Job 5:6,7)Although affliction cometh not forth of the dust, neither doth trouble spring out of the ground; Yet man is born unto trouble, as the sparks fly upward.
I Timothy 4:15,16 Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all. Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.
Psalm 72:17-19 His Name shall endure for ever: His Name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in Him: all nations shall call Him blessed. Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, Who only doeth wondrous things. And blessed be His Glorious Name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with His glory; Amen, and Amen.
Ephesians 6:24 Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen.
--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment