For all flesh is as grass,
and all the glory of man as the flower of grass.
The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:
but the Word of the Lord endureth for ever.
And this is the Word which by the Gospel is preached unto you.
Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings, as newborn babes,
desire the sincere milk of the Word,
that ye may grow thereby:
if so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
(I Peter 1:24-2:3)
The Word for the YEAR--
Romans 8:35-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For Thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
The Word for the month--
Psalm 25:8,9 Good and upright is the Lord: therefore will He teach sinners in the Way. The meek will He guide in Judgment: and the meek will He teach His Way.
Psalm 25
The Word for the day--
Psalm 25:4 Shew me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths.
Compare Spiritual with Spiritual (1 Corinthians 2:12-14; John 5:39)--
"Shew me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths."
Psalm 51:6 Behold, Thou desirest Truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part Thou shalt make me to know ["shew" Ps 25:4] Wisdom.
Psalm 89:1 Maschil of Ethan the Ezrahite. I will sing of the mercies of the Lord for ever: with my mouth will I make known ["shew" Ps 25:4] Thy Faithfulness to all generations.
Psalm 89:15 Blessed is the people that know ["shew" Ps 25:4] the joyful sound: they shall walk, O Lord, in the Light of Thy Countenance.
Psalm 98:2 The Lord hath made known ["shew" Ps 25:4] His Salvation: His Righteousness hath He openly shewed in the sight of the heathen.
Psalm 103:7 He made known ["shew" Ps 25:4] His ways unto Moses, His acts unto the children of Israel.
Psalm 119:125 I am Thy servant; give me understanding, that I may know ["shew" Ps 25:4] Thy testimonies.
Psalm 25:5 Lead me in Thy Truth, and teach me: for Thou art the God of my salvation; on Thee do I wait all the day.
Psalm 25:10 All the paths of the Lord are mercy and truth unto such as keep His covenant and His testimonies.
Hebrews 8:10-12 For this is the Covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put My Laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to Me a people: and they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know Me, from the least to the greatest. For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
I John 2:27 But the Anointing which ye have received of Him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same Anointing teacheth you of all things, and is Truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in Him.
Psalm 23:3 He restoreth my soul: He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His Name's sake.
Again, the Word for the day--Psalm 25:4 Shew me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths.
Hear this morning's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]
09.08 Morning:
The Lord is a God of knowledge, and by Him actions are weighed.―That which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.―The Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart.―Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap Life Everlasting.
What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?―What things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
Behold, thou desirest Truth in the inward parts.―Thou hast proved mine heart; Thou hast visited me in the night; Thou hast tried me, and shalt find nothing.
Da 5:27 1Sa 2:3 Lu 16:15 1Sa 16:7 Ga 6:7,8 Mt 16:26 Php 3:7 Ps 51:6 17:3
Here it is again with the full verses and references
09.08 Morning:
(I Samuel 2:3)Talk no more so exceeding proudly; let not arrogancy come out of your mouth: for the Lord is a God of knowledge, and by Him actions are weighed.--(Luke 16:15)And He said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.--(I Samuel 16:7)But the Lord said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart.--(Galatians 6:7,8)Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap Life Everlasting.
(Matthew 16:26)For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?--(Philippians 3:7)But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
(Psalm 51:6)Behold, Thou desirest Truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part Thou shalt make me to know Wisdom.--(Psalm 17:3)Thou hast proved mine heart; Thou hast visited me in the night; Thou hast tried me, and shalt find nothing; I am purposed that my mouth shall not transgress.
I Timothy 4:15,16 Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all. Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.
Psalm 72:17-19 His Name shall endure for ever: His Name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in Him: all nations shall call Him blessed. Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, Who only doeth wondrous things. And blessed be His Glorious Name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with His glory; Amen, and Amen.
Ephesians 6:24 Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen.
--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment