Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Evening devotional



Hear this evening's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]

09.07 Evening:


I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh upon me.


I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil.―My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

How precious . . . are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them! if I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.―O Lord, how great are thy works! and thy thoughts are very deep.―Many, O Lord my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward.

Not many mighty, not many noble, are called.―Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom?―Having nothing, and yet possessing all things.―The unsearchable riches of Christ.

Ps 40:17 Jer 29:11 Isa 55:8,9 Ps 139:17,18 92:5 40:5 1Co 1:26 Jas 2:5 2Co 6:10 Eph 3:8


Here it is again with the full verses and references

09.07 Evening:

(Psalm 40:17)But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh upon me: thou art my help and my deliverer; make no tarrying, O my God.


(Jeremiah 29:11)For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.--(Isaiah 55:8,9)For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

(Psalm 139:17,18)How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.--(Psalm 92:5)O Lord, how great are thy works! and thy thoughts are very deep.--(Psalm 40:5)Many, O Lord my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered.

(I Corinthians 1:26)For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: --(James 2:5)Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?--(II Corinthians 6:10)As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things.--(Ephesians 3:8)Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

Ps 40:17 Jer 29:11 Isa 55:8,9 Ps 139:17,18 92:5 40:5 1Co 1:26 Jas 2:5 2Co 6:10 Eph 3:8





--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.


No comments: