Hear this evening's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]
12.08 Evening:
It is sown in corruption; . . . it is sown in dishonour; . . . it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: it is sown a natural body. . . .The first man is of the earth, earthy.
Dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.―One dieth in his full strength, being wholly at ease and quiet. . . . And another dieth in the bitterness of his soul, and never eateth with pleasure. They shall lie down alike in the dust, and the worms shall cover them.
My flesh . . . shall rest in hope.―Though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God.―The Lord Jesus Christ: . . . shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto His glorious body, according to the working whereby He is able even to subdue all things unto Himself.
Lord, make me to know mine end, and the measure of my days, what it is; that I may know how frail I am.―So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto Wisdom.
Ec 12:7 1Co 15:42-44,47 Ge 3:19 Job 21:23,25,26 Ps 16:9 Job 19:26 Php 3:20,21 Ps 39:4 90:12
Here it is again with the full verses and references
12.08 Evening:
(I Corinthians 15:42-44)So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: it is sown a natural body; it is raised a Spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a Spiritual body. . . .(I Corinthians 15:47)The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second Man is the Lord from Heaven.
(Genesis 3:19)In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.--(Job 21:23)One dieth in his full strength, being wholly at ease and quiet. . . . (Job 21:25,26)And another dieth in the bitterness of his soul, and never eateth with pleasure. They shall lie down alike in the dust, and the worms shall cover them.
(Psalm 16:9)Therefore My heart is glad, and My glory rejoiceth: My flesh also shall rest in hope.--(Job 19:26)And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:--- (Philippians 3:20,21)For our conversation is in Heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto His glorious body, according to the working whereby He is able even to subdue all things unto Himself.
(Psalm 39:4)Lord, make me to know mine end, and the measure of my days, what it is; that I may know how frail I am.--- (Psalm 90:12)So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto Wisdom.
--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment