For all flesh is as grass,
and all the glory of man as the flower of grass.
The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:
but the Word of the Lord endureth for ever.
And this is the Word which by the Gospel is preached unto you.
Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings, as newborn babes,
desire the sincere milk of the Word,
that ye may grow thereby:
if so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
(I Peter 1:24-2:3)
The Word for the YEAR--
Romans 8:35-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For Thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
The Word for the month--
Psalm 29:11 The Lord will give strength unto His people; the Lord will bless His people with Peace.
The Word for the day--
John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
Compare Spiritual with Spiritual (1 Corinthians 2:12-14; John 5:39)--
"Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you."
John 20:19-23 Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you. And when He had so said, He shewed unto them His hands and His side. Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the Lord. Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as My Father hath sent Me, even so send I you. And when He had said this, He breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost: Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.
Psalm 29:11 The Lord will give strength unto His people; the Lord will bless His people with Peace.
Colossians 1:19,20 For it pleased the Father that in Him should all fulness dwell; and, having made peace through the blood of His cross, by Him to reconcile all things unto Himself; by Him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.
Acts 10:36 The Word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (He is Lord of all:)
Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
Ephesians 2:14 For He is our peace, Who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
Isaiah 52:7 How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of Him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth Peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth Salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!
Romans 14:17 For the Kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but Righteousness, and Peace, and Joy in the Holy Ghost.
Romans 15:13 Now the God of Hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in Hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.
II Peter 1:2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the Knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
"Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."
Luke 8:50 But when Jesus heard it, He answered him, saying, Fear not: believe only, and she shall be made whole.
John 14:1-6 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's House are many mansions ["abodes" Jn 14:23]: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto Myself; that where I am [Jn 1:18; Col 3:3], there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the Way ye know. Thomas saith unto Him, Lord, we know not whither Thou goest; and how can we know the Way? Jesus saith unto him, I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me.
Again, the Word for the day--John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
Hear this morning's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]
12.03 Morning:
Is any thing too hard for the Lord?―Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in Him; and He shall bring it to pass.―Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.―Casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you.
Hezekiah received the letter from the hand of the messengers, and read it: and Hezekiah went up unto the house of the Lord, and spread it before the Lord. And Hezekiah prayed unto the Lord.
It shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.―The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
I love the Lord, because He hath heard My Voice and My supplications. Because He hath inclined His ear unto Me, therefore will I call upon Him as long as I live.
Job 5:8 Ge 18:14 Ps 37:5 Php 4:6 1Pe 5:7 Isa 37:14,15 65:24 Jas 5:16 Ps 116:1,2
Here it is again with the full verses and references
12.03 Morning:
(Genesis 18:14)Is any thing too hard for the Lord? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son.--(Psalm 37:5)Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in Him; and He shall bring it to pass.--(Philippians 4:6)Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.--(I Peter 5:7)Casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you.
(Isaiah 37:14,15)And Hezekiah received the letter from the hand of the messengers, and read it: and Hezekiah went up unto the house of the Lord, and spread it before the Lord. And Hezekiah prayed unto the Lord, saying,
(Isaiah 65:24)And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.--(James 5:16)Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
(Psalm 116:1,2)I love the Lord, because He hath heard My Voice and My supplications. Because He hath inclined His ear unto Me, therefore will I call upon Him as long as I live.
I Timothy 4:15,16 Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all. Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.
Psalm 72:17-19 His Name shall endure for ever: His Name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in Him: all nations shall call Him blessed. Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, Who only doeth wondrous things. And blessed be His Glorious Name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with His glory; Amen, and Amen.
II Timothy 2:1 Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.
--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment