For all flesh is as grass,
and all the glory of man as the flower of grass.
The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:
but the Word of the Lord endureth for ever.
And this is the Word which by the Gospel is preached unto you.
Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings, as newborn babes,
desire the sincere milk of the Word,
that ye may grow thereby:
if so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
(I Peter 1:24-2:3)
The Word for the YEAR--
Romans 8:35-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For Thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
The Word for the month--
Psalm 29:11 The Lord will give strength unto His people; the Lord will bless His people with Peace.
The Word for the day--
Romans 14:17 For the Kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but Righteousness, and Peace, and Joy in the Holy Ghost.
Compare Spiritual with Spiritual (1 Corinthians 2:12-14; John 5:39)--
"For the Kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but Righteousness, and Peace, and Joy in the Holy Ghost."
"Righteousness"
I Corinthians 1:30,31 But of Him are ye in Christ Jesus, Who of God is made unto us Wisdom, and Righteousness, and Sanctification, and Redemption: that, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.
II Corinthians 5:21 For He hath made Him to be sin for us, Who knew no sin; that we might be made the Righteousness of God in Him.
Jeremiah 23:6 In His days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is His Name whereby He shall be called, THE Lord OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.
Jeremiah 33:16 In those days shall Judah be saved, and Jerusalem shall dwell safely: and this is the name wherewith she shall be called, The Lord our Righteousness.
"Peace"
Colossians 1:19,20 For it pleased the Father that in Him should all fulness dwell; and, having made peace through the blood of His cross, by Him to reconcile all things unto Himself; by Him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in Heaven.
Acts 10:36 The Word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching Peace by Jesus Christ: (He is Lord of all:)
Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
Ephesians 2:14 For He is our Peace, Who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
Galatians 5:22,23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
"Joy"
Proverbs 21:15 It is Joy to the just to do judgment: but destruction shall be to the workers of iniquity.
Micah 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?
John 15:11 These things have I [Christ Jesus] spoken unto you, that My Joy might remain in you, and that your Joy might be full.
John 17:13 And now come I to Thee [the Father]; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have My Joy fulfilled in themselves.
John 1:16 And of His fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.
Galatians 5:22,23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
I John 4:13 Hereby know we that we dwell in Him, and He in us, because He hath given us of His Spirit.
Again, the Word for the day--Romans 14:17 For the Kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but Righteousness, and Peace, and Joy in the Holy Ghost.
Hear this morning's devotional [Prepared by Jonathan Bagster (1813-1872)]
12.04 Morning:
If any of you lack Wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.―Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths.―The only wise God.―Be not wise in thine own eyes.
Ah, Lord God! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child. But the Lord said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak. Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the Lord.
Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in My Name, He will give it you. Hitherto have ye asked nothing in My Name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.―All things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.
Job 28:12 Jas 1:5,6 Pr 3:5,6 1Ti 1:17 Pr 3:7 Jer 1:6-8 Joh 16:23,24 Mt 21:22
Here it is again with the full verses and references
12.04 Morning:
(James 1:5,6)If any of you lack Wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.--(Proverbs 3:5,6)Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths.--(I Timothy 1:17)Now unto the King Eternal, Immortal, Invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.--(Proverbs 3:7)Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord, and depart from evil.
(Jeremiah 1:6-8)Then said I, Ah, Lord God! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child. But the Lord said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak. Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the Lord.
(John 16:23,24)And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in My Name, He will give it you. Hitherto have ye asked nothing in My Name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.--(Matthew 21:22)And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.
I Timothy 4:15,16 Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all. Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.
Psalm 72:17-19 His Name shall endure for ever: His Name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in Him: all nations shall call Him blessed. Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, Who only doeth wondrous things. And blessed be His Glorious Name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with His glory; Amen, and Amen.
II Timothy 2:1 Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.
--
Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
I Peter 5:11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment